Stay Alive

Alexander was willing to do everything so his sister could remain this carefree and happy. And that meant to him to take care that Alessia and John would end up together.

Even though those two barely knew each other, Alex knew they were made for each other.

"Alessia, please talk to me," Alexander begged, standing outside of Alessias room, leaning against the wall beside the door. He'd been trying to get in for the past half hour, ever since she found out that he had enlisted himself to fight for the revolution.

Alexander sighed as his sister still didn't do anything. He knew she was mad. But she knew this would happen someday, as he always dreamed of an opportunity like this. That didn't mean that Alessia approved of this.

"Alessia, please. You knew this'd happen one day," Alexander said, quite close to giving up, at least for now. He'd probably try later if she wouldn't come out of her room now.

John watched as Alexander tried to get through to his sister, standing a bit further down the hall. He hadn't seen her face the moment she found out, but the way she just ran off spoke volumes. John noticed the distressed look on his friends face as he stood there, so John decided he could try and maybe help a little.

As he was about to head towards Alexander, the door of Alessias room opened and revealed named woman. There were tear stains on her cheeks and her eyes were bloodshot from her crying.

"Alessia..." Alexander breathed, his distress being replaced by compassion, as his sister then wrapped her arms around him and sobbed into his shoulder. John decided it'd be a rather good decision to leave the siblings to themselves and retreated into his room.

Alessia held onto her brother tightly as if she were holding onto her dear life — which she metaphorically was. Alexander had been one of the few reasons as to why she's brought herself to fight for so long. She had to take care of her little brother and now, to see him go to war soon, it broke her heart. Just the thought of possibly losing him tore her apart.

"You said you wouldn't," she sobbed, crying into Alexanders shoulder. He gently brushed his hand up and down her back to calm her as he said "I'm sorry Al, but you knew I'd do this someday."

"I know! But that doesn't necessarily mean I approve," Alessia replied a little louder than she intended. Then she mumbled "I don't want to lose you, not after mom."

Silence lingered over the Hamiltons for a moment, Alex' hold tightening a little. They just stood there in that embrace, Alessias low sobs occasionally breaking the silence, until Alex spoke up "I love you, Alessia. I wouldn't dream of leaving you alone."

"I love you, too, Alex. I don't want to be alone," Alessia replied. Alexander ran a hand through her auburn locks as he said "You wouldn't be alone. John would look out for you."

He's right with that. In the past weeks that they've stayed at Johns place, Alessia and John have grown quite close. He became Alex and Alessias best friend, but Alex knew there was more — or will be. And if Alex would die in the war, John would definitely take care of Alessia. That's what he promised.

"I know John would do that. But the world wouldn't be the same without you. You're my little brother. I couldn't forgive myself if you ended up dead on some battlefield," Alessias voice cracked at the last word and she couldn't bring herself to keep on talking. She was a woman of many words, but there were moments when even she wasn't able to talk.

"I'll be fine. Don't you worry about me, or us. Okay?", Alex said, pulling back from the embrace and looking into Alessias eyes. He could see the reluctance in her eyes as she tried to think of what to respond.

Finally she managed to reply a small "Okay." She then pulled him back into the embrace, holding onto him tightly once more. She still didn't want to think of the possibility of losing him, as it kept on trying to creep into her thoughts. It took her a lot of willpower to push those thoughts out.

After another minute or two she finally pulled out of their embrace and mumbled "I'll go to John..."

Alexander smiled and gently ruffled her hair, which earned him a small smile from her. Alessia made her way down the hall towards Johns room, where she carefully knocked on the door.

Not even a second later the door opened, practically as if he'd waited for her to arrive.

The two of them stared at each other for a moment, no one daring to say the first word, until Alessia finally took a step forward and wrapped her arms around John. It took him by surprise a little, but nevertheless did he return the embrace.

"Stay alive," Alessia mumbled, her face buried in Johns shoulder. He chuckled softly "Of course I will. How could I die and leave such a ravishing woman behind? I would never forgive myself."

Alessia giggled slightly. John always has a way to lift her mood. She was glad to have befriended him. And she was glad that he let her and Alex stay at his place. Otherwise this never would've happened, they never would've gotten the chance to get that close.

"Oh shush, John. Please just make sure you and Alex get back here alive and in one piece," Alessia smiled, pulling back from the embrace and looking up at the freckled man.

John smiled as he gently pushed a strand of her auburn locks that had fallen into her face behind her ear "I'll make sure he comes back with me. Gotta make sure he witnesses his sisters wedding to the greatest man alive."

Alessia now couldn't help but laugh "John! That's ridiculous!" John grinned and chuckled, before he shook his hand and said "I mean it. Someday you and I will get married and then you'll need someone to take you down the altar."

Alessia blushed and averted her gaze, still smiling though, as she then said "Don't be ridiculous, John. For that you'd have to at least be courting me and that's not really happening at the moment."

"Who said it isn't?", John asked, pulling her gaze back to him "Who said that I won't start courting you, how about, now?"

The older Hamilton sibling was once again at a loss of words — and that was a rare sight to John. She just stared at him for a while, before she asked "Are you serious?"

"Will you do me the honor and allow me to court you?", John asked her, his eyes showing sincerity. Once more, Alessia didn't know what to say.

"How could you say no to that freckled god?", she then heard Alexander yell from down the hall, as he peeked out of his room. John started laughing and Alessia blushed in embarrassment as she yelled back "Shut up, Alex!"

"Don't you say no to him!", Alex yelled back, before shutting the door to his room, leaving Alessia and John to themselves once more.

"So?", John asked, watching her hopefully now. Honestly, how could she say no to him, he was too handsome for her to reject and, in all honesty, she wouldn't dream of saying no to him.

"Okay," she smiled "You have my permission."

John began to grin brightly and cheered "Yes!", pulling her close to him and pressing his lips to hers, not being able to hold himself back from doing that any longer.