Ch. 23: The Unforgetting One

*MIA GRACE

"Patawarin mo kami, Lord Harum. We couldn't capture the woman," saad ko matapos magbigay-galang sa kanya.

"You imbeciles! One woman, and you just failed me?! One woman just defeated all of you?!" he shouted.

"We apologize, Lord Harum. But the woman..." sandali akong natigil.

I know in my mind that I loathe her, but why did my heart ached when I saw her crying?

It feels like my heart was asking my mind, who is she? And why did I felt like crying when I saw her too.

Longing, was the right word for it. I was longing for her, but why?

"She was what, Grace?" Lord Harum asked me.

"S-she was incredibly strong, a-and had killed everyone in a snap. There was something in her that bursted, that night. Dapat ay makukuha na namin siya, but a huge crystal defended her."

I was not really paying attention to the Onis that time. I was only focused on her, and how sorry my heart was after hurting her. Bakit ko ba nararamdaman iyon?

"Oh. She just reached her perfect synchronization. A point-exceeder. That Shia had exceeded to a higher level." He laughed.

Shia...

"Mia."

"Hmm?"

"You sure, you don't want to leave this place?" she asked.

A flash of scene came running inside my head.

"Alam mo naman ang sagot ko diyan 'di ba? I need to be here."

Why am I with that woman?

My head is pounding and my breath became heavy.

"And that's what really is, annoying about you, alam mo yun? You hated this place yet you still don't want to leave."

Parang nanghina ang mga tuhod ko at napaupo ako sa sahig.

I was with her. And I was... happy that time.

"May mga bagay naman talaga tayong hindi makukuha kahit gusto natin. Hindi naman ako kasing tapang mo, Shia."

All of this scenes, akin ba ang mga 'to? Mga alaala ko ba ang mga 'to?

A tear fell on my cheeks. Why am I crying now?

"Kaya nga ako na ang kakausap sa kanila di ba?"

"H'wag na nga kasi, you should not waste your time by this matter. And besides, mas mabuti ng nandito ako. Ako ang ate 'di ba?"

Ate? A-ate niya 'ko?

"Tsk. We're twins Mia, hindi ikaw ang ate."

Hell. We are twins. But why can't I remember anything?

"What is wrong with you, Grace?"

"L-lord Harum. W-who was that woman, is she my twin?"

"Hindi no, ate mo ko."

Napahagulgol na ako nang tuluyan sa 'di ko malamang dahilan. Ang sakit sa puso.

"Come here, Grace." He signaled me to come close. Dahan-dahan naman akong lumapit sa kanya.

"What you're saying is nonsense, my dear. You are mine, Grace. You are a Claire," aniya at hinawakan ang sentido ko.

'She is not your twin, my dear Claire. She is an enemy. A formidable opponent, you must defeat.'