~Chapter twenty-five~

Bella's point of View

I felt as if a rock was chucked at my chest, if I were able to breath I probably be blue by now. I would not let any breath go. Annabella's compulsion had no long term effects and I was scared for her. Not only for her though but for my family. Alice, Edward, Renesmee, and myself as well. I would refuse to let him touch us, he needed to learn we stood as a family not as individuals. Though I could only guess that Annie would be his primary target.

     I saw Annie, not far in front of me, glancing at the note in Carlisle's hands. She had a weird fascinated looking coming across her face, almost like it was an amusing thing for Aro to come here. "What are we going to do?" whispered Esme, breaking the everlasting silence. "We have three days, and no plan," Edward pointed out, taking a hold of my hand. "We can come up with something," insisted Alice, bouncing on the balls of her feet. "How?" Jasper asked, glancing down at his wife. "I am sure I will see something eventually, I will keep looking," Alice said, her voice ringing with determination.

     "While miss vision searches for something, what can we do in the mean time?" I asked, it was a question know one knew the answer to. "Come up with a way to compromise," Annabella's voice rang, almost as if she were the angel to save us from mortal terror. "Ann, are you sure your willing to do so, Aro's trades can be quite extensive," Carlisle asked her. Her green eyes bore wisdom that i had seen before as she said, "Grandpa, I will pursued him the best I can. I won't let this end with a fight."

     My baby girl was 12 years old and she sounded as if she had the knowledge of Carlisle. Her voice was true, she wouldn't back down. I watched as Renesmee went over and took Annabella into a hug and watched as the two of them took off into the house, suitcase forgotten about.

                                                    Renesmee's Point of View

I finally declared it, my sister is a stupid head. She thought that she would be able to persuade the Volturi guard with the batting of her eyelashes. I knew that to be wrong and so did she. I dragged Annabella with me, up the stairs, and into my room. She did not object, nor did she fight. That was quite unusual behavior for her. Once my door closed, she let out a moan and said, "What are we going to do Ness?"

     I brought my eyes on her and shook my head, "If I had the slightest bit of intelligence towards this, I would help you but we mus be ready and prepare for the Volturi." She stood up and went to glance out my window and I heard her whisper, "What if I am not strong enough?"

                                              Annabella's Point of View

I sit on my bed, braiding my hair, quite poorly, and watch as my mom steps into my room. "Honey, do you need some help?" she asks, coming over to take over the braiding job. I giggled a little and then lapsed into silence. After a few moments mom asked, "Are you okay, sweetheart?" I nodded slightly, careful not to mess her up. "Annabella, you know you can't fool me. What has got you upset?"

     I sighed and caved, "I want to be strong for tomorrow. I am afraid of Aro, though." Mom sighed and leaned around to look me in the eyes, "Annie, you're stronger than we give you credit for, you're miraculously talented. You are a trooper and I promise that being that will save you." I knew mom had finished my braids so I leaned into her. She kissed my head and whispered, "I love you, sweetheart. So does your dad, no matter how poorly he may act towards you at times."

     Nodding, I said, "I love you and dad with all my heart. I will try my hardest tomorrow."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*

"Are you ready to the face the Volturi, once again?" grandpa asked us. A chorus of yes rang throughout our family members. I closed my eyes and took in a couple deep breaths. "They're almost here, we better go," announced Aunt Alice.  We all took off out the door and ran to a designated clearing.

     Renesmee and I stood together, sister and sister. Mom and dad stood behind us, with hands on our shoulders. I could hear the light brush of feet on the ground and I kept my eyes straight ahead. I watched as figures loomed out of the trees each one dressed in a black cloak. I did not waver nor did I make one peep. Aro was the finally one to make his acquaintance. His milky red eyes fell upon me the moment he had spotted me.

     "Ahh, my dear Cullens. Nice to see you all again," Aro said, opening his arms, as if it were a sign of an imaginary hug. "I'm sorry Aro, but we can not say the same to you," grandpa said, kindly. Aro's eyes seemed slightly sad as he said, "I am sorry my dear friend Carlisle. I wish it wasn't to come to this far too often. If I could I would never have come here."

      I rolled my eyes and Aro continued, "I am here for one thing in particular. That is miss Annabella." I knew that was his reason, but it still didn't stop the churning in my stomach. I took in slow breaths and I felt dad squeeze my shoulder in reassurance. I kept my eyes locked on Jane and Alec, knowing them to be able to hurt us. Mom probably forgot to put her shield up and I heard dad whisper something to mom and I think that she put it up then.

     I hadn't been paying attention, but I believed that grandpa and Aro were in an argument. I don't know what mental voice told me to step forward, I didn't know what urged me to say the words that came out of my mouth; it all happened in a blurry of moment.

     "Stop," I yelled, the arguments coming to a halt. I had no clue on what whim I was saying this on but I spoke, "Quit with the arguments, they are frankly pointless. These whole situations are pointless, Aro I never will understand why you continually have to associate with my family. Dad and Aunt Alice will never join you, nor will I or Renesmee. I have something though that you may want to hear, a compromise."

     "What is that compromise, child?" Aro asked in a silky voice. I closed my eyes, wishing that I had the power to teleport and then I said just loud enough that a human close by could hear, "I will be a long distant servant. I will come only in time of great need and I will only come if the situation is reasonable and you may persuade me if I do not agree with what you want me to do.

     "I will stay here, live with my family, go to public school, and like I have already pointed out you may only call on me if you absolutely need me for something you can not take care of on your own." I sucked in my breath and waited for Aro to make up his mind. His eyes bore none of his emotions; he was a closed book, and dad was the only one who could open it. I watched intently, waiting for the slightest movement that Aro could make.

     I heard whispering behind me and I knew my family had finally comprehended the words I had spoken. I did not dare take my eyes off Aro, I was almost as still as him.  After for what felt like an eternity Aro spoke, in that same silky voice, "My, my child, your voice with wisdom and caution. I will agree to your compromise, for you have put it in a way I can understand. I will give you a promise in return Annabella, I will no longer bother your family, unless they do an act of vampire crime. I will contact them when I need you and I do wish that you get on the first plane to Volterra.

     "Also, I will allow you to bring just one family member along with you, for I know your family won't let you off alone. Well my dear Cullens it had been a pleasure to see you again and I do hope not to have to see you, unless your with Annabella for quite a while. I say bye for now and a sorry for my intrusion." With that said, Aro and his guard took off through the trees, hopefully to never come again.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks so much for the support and votes and comments!! They make my day, each and everyone, you all are amazing!! Okay when I made the updating schedule I meant every other Friday night or Saturday morning sorry! I update one book a week, since I am busy! Again thanks for all your support, keep commenting and voting!! ~KrazyKenzie4