Empty Words

I stretched as I sat up in Sharon's guest bedroom. It looked like it was out of a family magazine.

It had that southern feel and it was really pastel yellow. It made me kind of scared of how much money Calvin put on this house for her and little Calvin.

 It was gorgeous and I loved the two windows with thin white curtains that the sun shined right through. 

I bent down on the side of the bed and said my morning prayer. "Thank you Lord God for allowing me to see another day, and I thank you for keeping me in my right mind, and thank you for the activity of my limbs, I ask that you give Sharon strength to make it through this, and that you also bless Calvin, that he continues to be strong through this, and he'll be able to look back on this and give you honor and praise for your faithfulness, in Jesus name Amen." I prayed, then stood up.

It was Tuesday, and Cynthia emailed me that the board had cancelled the meeting, saying they would reschedule later, which was awesome

I had also rented a 2017 Lincoln continental for traveling around yesterday after leaving the hospital, I don't want to keep asking Sharon to take me places, especially since she has to see about Calvin.

I had to go see my mother today, and I planned out my outfit last night. I was planning on wearing distressed jeans and a sweater that was half off the shoulder, because I wanted to. I know my mom would probably say something, or would disagree mentally but I am an adult now.

I walked out the room after I got dressed and into the kitchen, where a sweet and savory smell met me, and made my stomach growl

I walked out the room after I got dressed and into the kitchen, where a sweet and savory smell met me, and made my stomach growl. Sharon had a Texas flag printed apron on and, was just sitting breakfast on the table in the dining room. "Good morning Sharon and Calvin." I said, rubbing Calvin's head as he sat down as well.

"Good morning, auntie." he said, playing with his action figures.

"Good morning K." she said, as she placed the pots and pans on the table.

After all these years, she still set the table like grandmamma did. It kind of warmed my heart. I missed grandma, she was always there to help me, and my sisters when we were younger. She always brought us homemade pies, and other sweet bread goodies, which explains why I'm surplus as I am in my derriere.