Undercover With You

(PLEASE, PLEASE, WATCH THE VIDEO ABOVE FIRST, THAT'S THE SONG THAT HELPED ME WRITE, AND I LOVE THIS CLIP OF IT...LOL IT FITS SO WELL TO ME, THANKS!!!!)

She placed her hands on her hips and shook her head disapprovingly. "What are you doing here, Kendra," Sharon asked for the second time, with her arms crossed convicting me with her brown eyes. 

And I had no idea what to say... 

"Are you spying on me...because if you are-" 

"No, she's here with me...obviously as you can see." Jake said in his trustful southern tone, looking at me as we continued to stand in an awkward position, with both our backs on opposite sides, against the narrow, red carpeted walls and his right arm stretched above me for some reason. 

Sharon narrowed her eyes at me. "Oh okay...well excuse me, but if Kevin sees you here, he's not going to like it, so fly under the radar, don't bring unnecessary attention to yourself...and since it's already late, the lounge will be closing in an hour, so...enjoy yourselves." she said grabbing a glass of champagne off a moving gold tray and raising it in the air before strutting off towards a back room past us that read "Selected Personnel Only".  

I stared after her until she disappeared behind a tinted glass door and started to walk off from Jake until he grabbed my hand, gently, but stubbornly. 

"Are you leaving?" he asked in his deep, yet comforting voice. 

"No, I'm not...there's supposed to be something happening here and I want to know what, so I can win justice for my sister and she can be freed from that piece of garbage she calls her fiance." I said determinedly, I wasn't going to let anyone get in my way, not even Mister blue eyes. 

We started walking in the lounge area and sat in the back of a Gatsby themed room on an mustard green velvet sofa. The wallpaper in the area was very alluring.  There was also a young guy singing effortlessly in a black and gold suit, a song that matched the occasion perfectly, "Chandelier" by Sia

(OKAY, GO WATCH THAT VID ABOVE IF YOU HAVEN'T FOR THIS PART!!)

"Well, then there must be a reason why they're closing early tonight, because this place never closes early, not even on holidays

"Well, then there must be a reason why they're closing early tonight, because this place never closes early, not even on holidays...there must be something serious going on than what she's saying." he asked in an investigative voice. I looked at him and almost laughed because of  his sudden serious demeanor. I moved a curl out of my face and I felt happy for some reason. 

I could remember how it seemed like yesterday when I met this rustic young and very handsome cowboy who was giving me an issue about riding with him to find my sister, and although he gave me a hard time in the beginning and although he was reluctant and tried to avoid me at all costs (and failed) for reasons I have yet to know, I knew I was growing on him...like a mold on a sandwich or cheese or...like a rose in a forsaken garden.