Luncheon Disaster!

PLEASE READ THIS: I DISCOVERED THAT I WAS CALLING JAKE, DAVID IN THE RECENT CHAPTER OF THE STORY (A DIFFERENT CHARACTER NAME IN ANOTHER ONE OF MY BOOKS) SO HIS NAME IS OFFICIALLY JUST JAKE (Jacob) AND SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION.

 ENJOY!!

p.s. sorry for not giving enough updates, maybe you guys can comment on how frequent you want them to be, would love to hear from you all, and thanks again!  xoxoxoxo

I sighed with satisfaction as the warm, lightly sugared ( yet heavily creamed) coffee rush down my throat and settle in my stomach. This was always a must before work and sometimes during my work hours in the city. Coffee always seemed to make the day go by a little bit easier, of course with an added prayer beforehand. I stared at the flowery, pink pastel teapot screech on the stove as I had my legs curled so comfortably in the cushioned dining room chair. 

I took another sip of my coffee as I soaked in the sun's rays that was shining so vividly through the huge modern dining room windows onto my melanin skin

I took another sip of my coffee as I soaked in the sun's rays that was shining so vividly through the huge modern dining room windows onto my melanin skin. I actually began to feel at ease until...I remembered the incident that occurred early this morning around 4:00 in the morning. I and Sharon got into a big argument about where she had been with that snake (although I already knew), and why she came home so late reeking of alcohol and cigarettes since I knew she didn't smoke, or at least since I last checked. I was so mad at her because besides all the lying, she didn't even call to check on Calvin, which was weird because she always called in even if she had gone away to the store or mom's house. 

My gut was telling me that it was Calvin's daddy who had most likely kept her so entangled in a lusty rendezvous throughout the night. I shook my head as I poured the rest of my coffee down the white farm sink. I turned off the stove and grabbed the cup of water and pain pills I had laying on the table and marched towards her sanctuary. I tried to be honest with myself and admit I didn't know her as I thought, she had changed a lot since we were in high school together, I mean I have as well, considering we're just two years apart, and we haven't seen each other in person since then. I mean it still saddened me to think about how Sharon did not even feel comfortable enough to tell me about her fiance! 

  I opened the door instead of knocking, knowing she'd tell me to go away. It was kind of dark inside with her thick curtains closed. She was laying in her peach canopy bed, freefall style with her head buried in pillows. I set the cup and pills down on her nightstand and pushed some of the pillows off of her. She moved around to face me and stared at me with a blank expression on her face. I sat down on her bed and handed her the cup of water and pills without saying anything, and she took it, not saying a word, not even a whispered thank you. She handed it back to me and flung herself back into her mountain of pillows. 

"You know...you could have at least called Sharon...that's not like you to not check up on Calvin," I said to her, not caring if she got upset with me. I walked over to the curtains and drew them open, inviting in the bright Texas sun. She moaned and sat up, looking at me as if she was contemplating throwing something my way, but I was prepared to dodge and throw it back at her. I know it would look so immature for two grown adults to be fighting, but I wasn't going to just let her walk all over me. I mean I'd be discreet and close the door, so Calvin doesn't hear his mama get tore up.  I stifled a laugh at the thought of us acting like that.