Part 2

Well, I guess this is the new beginning of my life.

To be honest, I'm actually pretty excited but what if they're just like everyone else I've met?

My caution levels were probably on their maximum level. You can never be too careful.

They took me to their huge van but I'm pretty sure it's a bus based on how big it is.

This is big enough to fit almost half of the kids at the orphanage.

I felt a warm hand taking my own hands,"Be careful with the steps." Mingyu warned.

I looked up to the tall giant to see a huge smile on his face.

We went into the bus with hands still interlocked and we even sat next to each other.

'Wow no one ever wanted to sit next to me..'

I look around to see the boys sitting all over the bus talking to each other and playing around.

The cheerful atmosphere felt so different. My mind couldn't even process the vibe inside the bus. It was all too new.

'They're so different.'

I looked down to notice that my hands were still in touch with Mingyu's hands. His hands were really masculine and strong but they were soft and delicate.

"Are you excited, Ara?" He said making me look up at his wide eyes.

I noticed that my vision was getting blurry. I felt warm tears roll down slowly my cheek.

"Ara! W-What's wrong?" He said as he put his hands on my shoulders. His eyes were already filled with immediate worry.

I wiped my cheeks with my sleeves and noticed that the bus got a whole lot quieter. The atmosphere definitely dropped.

"It's just that...Why are you all so different from everyone else? My parents never even took my hand like this. They never even told me to be careful either. Why do you all care so much about me?" I said as I questioned this weird alternate universe that I wasn't accustomed with.

Everyone stared at me with wide eyes. The bumpiness of the ride was the only thing in motion.

They must've been wondering about why a 9 year old must be crying about people wanting to love her.

"Ara-"

Mingyu got interrupted my the bus suddenly stopping and the driver saying, "Well, we're here. Get some rest and take care of your new daughter."

"Thank you, manager." The boys said in chorus.

I wiped my tears quickly and grabbed my backpack which was on top of my feet.

'Why am I so emotional today?'

Mingyu's POV

'Why was she so surprised? Did she cry just because I held her hand? She said her parents didn't even held her hand. What has she been through?'

I felt a tug on my shoulder while I was getting out of the bus with Ara in front of me.

I turned to see Seungcheol and Hoshi,
"Mingyu. What happened to her?" Hoshi asked as he looked straight into my eyes.

I returned the look,"I don't even know. She said her parents never even held her hand or even asked her to be careful."

A lump started forming inside my throat.

I turned around and started catching up to Ara who was already near the house, leaving Hoshi and Seungcheol shook.

'I need to know what happened in her past. I need to know so I can help.'