Chapter 2

AUGUST POV

A lot has changed within the past months. I graduated from high school, and got signed to Def Jam Recording Label. I've got a few songs out, and right now I'm working on my EP. Man, I never thought this would happen to me. And I couldn't be more thankful.

"So it's gonna be a very busy week for you August. You have a show in Dallas, Chicago, Miami, and NewYork. Which means today, nothing but practicing." My manager Shelby says when I enter the studio. "Aight I got you, but first, I got someone I need to go see."

EMILY POV

I miss August so much. I haven't seen him since graduation, when he flew off to Atlanta. Which is a long way from LA. We talk on the phone, but not as much anymore. I really wanna see him.

*BANG BANG BANG* who could possibly be at my door at 9am, when I have class! I attend UCLA, I'm getting a business degree.

"Who is it?" I yell, walking towards the door. "Pizza delivery!"... "What, I didn't order a pizza?"

"Sir, I think you have the wro-... AUGUST!" I say jumping into his arms. "How did you find out where I live? "

"I got my sources, but that's not the point, I missed you, a lot."

"I missed you too!" I say, holding his face, kissing him.

"These are for you." He says pulling a dozen of red roses from behind his back. "August, there beautiful"

"Not as beautiful as you." I kiss him passionately, with my arms around his neck. Him holding my waist. "I love you Em." "I love you too August."

"I got a special surprise for you tonight. So wear something nice and meet me at Ruth Chris downtown at 8."

"What is it?"

"If I tell you, it wouldn't be a surprise now would it?"

"I guess not." I say chuckling, falling into his arms.

"But I gotta go, I'll see you tonight babe."

"Okay, bye.. Love you."

"Love you more" he says smiling walking out the door. I don't know what it is, but I get butterflies every time I see him. Like we're freshman in high school again. I love this man so much, and I wanna spend the rest of my life with him. I think it's time to have that talk about taking the next step, having sex. I think Im ready.

***
AUGUST POV

"That nigga back with the muh'fuckin remix,
and we bout to kill this shit
See I went and got a little help to get the whole
club poppin' like Freaknik
Cause I got rozay, a little Bombay, a little peach
Ciroc and we faded
Soon as we step in, we got yo' chick, and yo'
chick, and yo' chick
And I know you hate it
Cause we lining up the shots, yungin' got the
heat to make em pop
Soon as we hit the parking lot, then we see all the panties drop
Girl, I ain't no bitch nigga, no ric-"

"Okay, stop right there. I think your part is great. Now we just need Chris & Trey to send their part. I'm going to call their mangers right now and see if their almost finished. I'll be back." Shelby says walking out the studio. Damn, Shelby know she fine. Caramel skin, long red hair, fat ass... Why she gotta be my manager? I wipe my face with my hands and pick up my phone.

"Hello?"

"Wassup Ma, you picking out a outfit for me tonight?"

"Hey babe, and I just got out of class. I'm going home to take a shower and change and then ima head to the mall."

"Aight, when you get home, look on your kitchen counter. I left my black card for you. Get something nice."

"Aw, thank you baby. Where are you?"

"Studio"

"You went all the way back to ATL?"

"Nah, it's a studio here in LA too. But I gotta go, my managers calling."

"Okay, see you tonight babe, love you."

"Love you too."

EMILY POV

"Could I try these in a size 7 please?" I say handing the store clerk a silver, sparkly pair of Christian Louboutin heels. I walk around to see if they have anything else I like, just in case she doesn't bring back my size.

"Here you go ma'am, size 7. Let me know if you need anything else."

"Thanks." I say smiling, I try on the shoes & I love them! I buy them with August's card and head to nordstrom to pick out a dress.

"Can we hep yu?" A Chinese lady says, as I enter the nail salon.

"Yes, can i just get a full acrylic set, eyebrow wax, eyelash extensions, and a French pedicure?"

"Com to back. I get yu started."

After my mini pampering session, I head to the house to shower and get dressed. After my shower, I do a smokey eye & nude lipstick makeup look and wand curl my hair. I throw on my new white body con dress and my new heels. I spray my favorite perfume, Lotus Flower bomb and examine myself in the mirror.

*knock knock*

I rush to the door to open it, I thought I was supposed to be meeting August at the restaraunt?

"Girlllllll, that outfit is fye... How'd you know I wanted to go out tonight?" Jessica yells as I open the door.

"Why didn't you call first Jess? August surprised me this morning, I'm supposed to be meeting him for dinner."

"Oh, that's sweet.. We'll I guess we can go out another time. Bye girl." I hug her goodbye and close the door. I grab my clutch, phone, and keys and head out. When I get to the parking lot, I can't find my car. I feel someone tap me on my shoulder.

"Ma'am, you dropped your keys." A man says handing me a pair of Porsche keys.

"These aren't mine, I don't drive a Porsche." The man looks at me and walks away. I push the panic button on the keys so that I can find the car, when I finally do, I find a white cayman, fully loaded, Porsche with rims. I pick up the note that's sitting on the windshield.

"For my queen...

-Aug"

I instantly start smiling and text August.

-the surprises are endless with you... always have been

August: & that's not all ;) hurry up my queen, I'm waiting.

I put my phone back in my purse & hop inside my new car. When I pull up to the restaurant, it's 8:45. I hope I didn't have him waiting long. But knowing August, he's always on time. I hand the valet $50 and head inside. I see August sitting at a table in the back. I walk over, and he gets up to get my chair for me.

"You look beautiful." He's says kissing me on my cheek. "Thank you, and you look handsome."

For the rest of the night we just talked about life, our future, our love for each other. The whole time I just starred in his beautiful brown eyes. I can't help but think of he song Brown Eyes by Destinys Child.

"I love you Em, and I wanna take the next step with you. I wanna see our relationship grow, and eventually see us get married and have kids. I wanna spend the rest of my life with you. I recently bought a penthouse back in ATL, and I wanted to ask you if you would transfer to Georgia Tech and live with me." He says, holding my hand from across the table. I'm surprised, really surprised. This is a huge step in our relationship. But I wouldn't want to take it with anybody but him. "I know you probably need some time to think about it, but just consider it, please baby?" He continues.

"Of course, August. I would love to live with my king." I get up and kiss him and enjoy this moment.