Chapter 17

EMILY POV

I look down at my phone.

1 missed call and Voicemail: August

I shake my head and lock my phone.

"Ma'am, how much is the pink tanktop with Bahamas written in cursive?", I ask the Chinese store clerk.

"For you I give it for 28 dolla"

"I'll get that, with the matching shorts."

She smiles and rings me up.

"Your total is 42 dolla, cash or credit?"

"Cash", I say handing her a $50 bill.

She hands me my bag, I smile and walk off.

AUGUST POV

"Yes bra, she lied.", I say taking a pull from the blunt.

"Typical smut. So what you gone do about it? Beat her ass? Cuss her out?", Chris says.

"Nah none of that. Ima just serve her ass with them court papers."

"When?"

"Ima try to wait till Emily get back. She said she'll be back in a week"

"So until then you gone act like everything is normal?"

"Hell yeah"

*1 week later*

I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. I look down at the text message.

Emily- August I got your 57 calls and 23 txts, pls leave me alone. I'm comin home tonite, we can talk then

I lock the phone back.

"Now where we're we?", I say kissing Cassie on the neck.

"Mmm, let's just start over", she says licking her lips. I smile and put on another condom.

After about an hour of good, rough, high sex, I put on my clothes and shoes. I look over my shoulder, and see Cassie sound asleep. I grab my keys and leave. When I pull in the house, I see Emily's car. I check the time, 1:05 am. SHIT!

I walk into the house and find Emily on the couch, eating ice cream and watching pretty little liars. I put my keys up and go sit down beside her.

"Hey babe"

She doesn't say anything. She doesn't even look at me.

"I'm glad your home"

She continues to look forward, watching tv and eating ice cream.

"Can we talk now?"

"August how do you have the nerve to try and talk to me after you just got done fucking some bitch?", she says looking at me.

"What? I didn-"

"It's lipstick on your shirt and you smell like Coco Chanel!", she yells. "When are you gonna learn?"

"Emily I'm sorry... You left for a week. And I just needed to get some things off my mind. I've been stressed out just like you have."

"Fuck you August!", she says getting up.

FUCK! I really need to get my shit together.