Chapter 28

EMILY POV

"I think I want this one", I say looking in the mirror as I try on wedding dresses. "What do you think?", I say turning around.

"It's beautiful, it looks great on you", my cousin Karlee says.

The dress is white, with a sweet heart top. It's nothing but sparkling crystals all the down to under but and then fluffs out, with a long train. Like a mermaid dress. I get a beautiful swavorski tiara with a long veil and some silver sparkly Christian Loubiton heels.

"I'll take this one", I say turning around to the lady that work here. I'm so excited.

***
"Hey baby", I say walking into the house.

"Wassup, my beautiful fiancé", August says kissing me. "I got you something while I was out today"

"What?", I say smiling.

"Turn around and close your eyes"

I does as he says and I feel him behind me putting something around my neck. When he's finished, I open my eyes and face the mirror.

"Oh my gosh, August it's beautiful", I say looking at the beautiful diamond necklace.

"And here's the matching earrings and bracelet", he says opening a box. "For our wedding day"

"August", I say wrapping my arms around his neck, hugging him tight. "I love you"

"I love you too", he says smiling, kissing me.

***
AUGUST POV

"I feel like my stomach is dropping to the floor man", I say pacing back and forth, fixing my all white tux.

"Bra, chill. It's going to be fine. You know what your gonna say?", my brother says fixing my bow tie.

"I think"

EMILY POV

I can't believe today is the big day. The day I've been waiting for since the day I met August. My wedding day.

I sit in the chair as I get my makeup and hair done.

"Your mother would be so proud. Your so beautiful", my aunt says walking into the room.

I smile and turn back around. I don't really like bringing up my mom, I miss her too much.

"Emily, you ready?", the wedding planner says standing at the door. I nod and get up.

I walk to the door, with my granddad by my side. He came all the way from Puerto Rico to walk me down the aisle.

As the doors begin to open, I hear the piano playing and August singing lady of my life. Tears begin to roll down my face. I walk down the aisle slowly, as everyone stands, smiling and staring at me.

"We are gathered here today, on this happy and joyous occasion, to join this man and this woman in holy matrimony", the Pastor says as I stand in front of August.

AUGUST POV

"Marriage is a solemn institution to be held in honor by all, it is the cornerstone of the family and of the community. It requires of those who undertake it a complete and unreserved giving of one's self. It is not to be entered into lightly, as marriage is a sincere and mutual commitment to love one another. This commitment symbolizes the intimate sharing of two lives and still enhances the individuality of each of you.", the Pastor says.

As I listen to his words, it finally hits me. This is it. This is the woman I'm going to spend the rest of my life with. No more games, no more cheating, no other women. Nothing. Just me and Emily until we grow old and die.

"August, do you take this woman to be your wedded wife? Do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her in sickness and in health, remaining faithful to her as long as you both shall live?"

"I do", I say as I slide the ring on Emily's finger.

"Emily, do you take this man to be your wedded husband? Do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him in sickness and in health, remaining faithful to him as long as you both shall live?"

"I do", Emily says crying, as she slides the ring on my finger.

"Do we have any objections?", the Pastor says looking out into crowd.

"I object!", a woman yells out. Her voice sounds real familiar.

"August, how you gone marry her, you know damn well this yo baby! That should be me standing up there in that dress"

I look up, and it's Draya. It took everything in me not to slap the shit out of her. Why the fuck is she here?

"Draya, I gave you the DNA test results, it's not my baby. Security, please escort her out"

Security comes out and takes Draya out. I turn back around to Emily, holding her hands.

"Then by the power invested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

I lift the veil off of Emily's face. I pull her in close to me, and kiss her passionately. Like we've never kissed before.

I pick up Emily, and carry her down the aisle. Everybody claps and yells and laughs and smiles. Marriage is a beautiful thing. And I'm just thankful that I got to experience it with the woman I love. Emily.