Chapter 34

EMILY POV

Derek is finally old enough to start attending Daycare, which means I can finally get back in the gym. I've been so worn out and exhausted, and the fact that August has been in the studio a lot lately hasn't been helping.

"Hi, I'd like to register my son for all day daycare", I say to the receptionist.

"Fill out this paperwork ma'am", she says handing me a clipboard.

I sit down and begin to fill everything out. Until I hear a very familiar voice.

"I need to pick up my son early, Jonathan Howard"

I look up, and it's Draya. I feel so much anger start rushing through my body. I'll be damned if I let my son stay at the same daycare as hers.

I get up and walk back to the counter. "On second thought, this isn't the right daycare for my son, Derek ALSINA", I say slamming the clipboard on the counter.

I get in the car and call August.

"Hello?"

"Babe, guess who I just saw"

"Who?"

"Draya, I was going to register Derek at Happy Children and she was there picking up her son"

"Wow, that's crazy.. Hey, let me call you back."

"Okay, bye"

AUGUST POV

"Sorry about that, now what we're you saying?"

"I was just saying, I hope we finish the song in time to maybe perform it at the summer jams", Iggy says.

"Yeah, that would be cool"

"Can I ask you something August?"

"Sure, what is it?"

"What made you wanna start doing music?"

"To express myself, and how I feel without having to actually say it. That's why I'm glad we're doing this song together", I say looking down.

"And why is that?"

"You'll know a lot more once we're finished"

She smiles, she has a beautiful smile. For a minute we just sit there starring at each other, and then I feel my lips press against hers.

"Oh my God, I didn't mean to-... I'm sorry, I have to go", she says grabbing her stuff, rushing out.

"Iggy wait!", I yell trying to catch her attention. But she doesn't look back.

**
It's been a month now since I've talked to Iggy, she hasn't responded to my calls, texts, or anything. And she told my manager the song is off. All this over a little kiss? But maybe it's for the good. Maybe this is God telling me that I need to get my shit together and focus on my son and this beautiful woman in front of me. I'm done playing games.

"Em", I say walking into the kitchen, walking up behind her, wrapping my arms around her waist.

She smiles, "Yes August?"

"I love you, my beautiful wife"

"I love you too August", she says turning around kissing me with her soft lips. "And I love my little man too", she says picking up Derek"

I love my Wife and my Son so much words can explain, their what I live for.