Chapter 8

EMILY POV

"Fab stop", I say laughing. "I hate being tickled"

"You should of thought about that before you decided to talk shit"

"I told you I was kidding", I say throwing a pillow at him.

"Better be"

I laugh, "Well I guess I better get going. August is performing at the Super Bowl tonight. I don't wanna be late", I say putting on my shoes and jacket.

"My baby leaving me?", Fab says pouting.

"Yes, but I'll be back" I kiss him on the lips and walk out to my car. I drive home and get ready for the game.

AUGUST POV

"Nigga, did you get the balloons and the roses?"

"Yes bruh, chill"

"Alright now Chris, don't fuck up"

"I'll call you when I get there"

"Aight, bye"

I walk back into the dressing room and repeat what I'm going to say over and over again. Emily, will you marry me? Will you be my wife Emily? Will you spend the rest of your life with me? Will you take my hand in marriage? FUCK. I'm nervous as shit. What if she says no?

"August your on in 10", my manager Shelby says walking into the room. "Do you know what your going to say?"

"I'm working on it now"

"Just remember, breathe, stay calm. I'll go get you some lemon water"

"Aighh, thanks"

"Here nigga", Chris says walking into the room handing me the flowers and balloons.

"No, I need you to hold them. What ima do? Take them onstage with me dumb ass?"

"Since when did I become a fucking personal assistant?"

"Chill, you no I got you later bra"

"August your on", Shelby says handing me water.

"Awww shit, look at my nigga getting ready to do big thangs and shit", Chris says laughing.

***
"Ladies and Gentlemen, Performing at your 2014 SuperBowl XLVIII halftime show, please welcome, August Alsina", the announcer says over the speaker.

"I luv it, I luv it
I luv it, I luv it
God damn it I luv it
I luv it, I luv it
I luv it, I luv it
So I'ma keep on drinking cause I luv this shit
And Ima keep on smoking cause I luv this shit
And I'ma keep on grinding cause I luv this shit
She tell me keep fucking cause she luv this shit
And I luv it", I sing into the mic. The music stops, and I stop dancing. I turn to the crowd.

"Now this next song, is dedicated to someone very special in my life. She's been rockin' with me ever since I was 13. I love her with all my heart, and I wanna show her how special she is to me. Everybody welcome my girlfriend Emily onto the stage."

EMILY POV

The crowd begins to scream and cheer. I'm shocked, I can't believe August is doing this. I hand my purse to my mother and I walk on stage. August grabs my hand and stares into my eyes.

"Eventhough this isn't one of my songs, this is the same song I sang when I auditioned to get signed with Def Jams. Singing this song changed my life, and look where I am now. So now I'm gonna sing this song again, but to you. And hopefully it'll change my life again."

He hasn't even started singing yet, and I'm already about to tear up.

"... So let me keep you warm, through the shadows of the nights, let me touch you with my love, I can make you feel so right. Just come into my arms, while the world goes spinnin' by. In the glow of candlelight, I will show you you're the lady of my life", August sings, getting on one knee.

The crowd begins to scream even louder now. I put my hands over my face and begin to cry. Is he going to propose to me? In front of the world?

"I love you Emily, I always have and I always will. I don't want anything more than to wake up every morning to your beautiful smile. I love everything about you, and I want to be able to spend the rest of my life with you. Emily Marie Johnson, will you marry me?"

August is so good to me, and I feel bad for cheating on him with Fabulous. I can't embarrass him in front of the whole world by saying Yes, knowing I cheated on him. I think it's best that we talk first before we take this next step. Should I say yes, or no?