Chapter 33

EMILY POV

Its been about 3 weeks since I had Derek. I'm so tired and worn out and sore, words can't even explain. August has been a lot more involved in my life. I really think he's trying to change for the better.

"Here you go baby", August says handing me a bottle of milk.

"Thanks babe"

"I'm going to pick up your brother, I'll be back"

My brother started in the Army. He's coming back from Iraq today. I miss him so much. Even though he didn't get to see his nephew born, I know he's really excited to see him.

"Here baby", I say feeding Derek his bottle. He sucks on it and drinks it as he falls asleep. I get up and put him in the crib.

As I walk back into the kitchen, I hear the phone ring.

"Hello?"

"Hey Em"

"Karlee! Hey!"

"How's the baby?"

"Wearing me out, that's for sure. How are you?"

"I'm doing great, I love Canada. Everything's so beautiful and different here. & I met this great guy!"

"That's good, I'm glad to see you happy."

"August still treating you well?"

"Of course, I couldn't ask for a better man"

"I'm so glad to here that, well I should be coming to ATL within the next week"

"Okay, I'll see you then.. Bye"

"Bye"

"We're back", August and Brandon say walking into the house.

"Brandon!", I say running to him, giving him the tightest hug ever.

For hours, we catch up on everything he's missed, including Derek.

AUGUST POV

I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket, I look down and see it's my manager.

"I'll be back Em, studio run", I say walking out the door.

When I get to the studio, I walk in and see my manager and some girl. She looks really familiar.

"Iggy this is August, August this is Iggy"

"Hi", I say shaking her hand.

"So, since you missed the XXL tour, that was a major lost. But I have a great way for you to recover.", Shelby says. "Iggy here, has the number one song on the charts right now. Which means all eyes are on her. She's agreed to do a song with you, to get some of those eyes back on you"

"That's great, and congratulations", I say smiling at her.

"Thank you"

"So I want you guys to get to know each other and start working on a song within the next couple of weeks."

"Sounds great", Iggy says looking at me.

"Alright, I'll catch up with you later August", Shelby says walking out.

"I have to go right now, but maybe we can meet again tomorrow? Or another day", I say standing up.

"Sure, let me give you my number", she says grabbing my phone. "Just call me"

I wave bye, and walk out. Damn, she's fine as hell. And to be a white girl, she got a fat ass.

**
When I get home Emily and Brandon are both knocked out.

I go sit on the porch and talk to Iggy. We talk for hours, laughing and getting to know each other.