Chapter five:

As usual Yui and the Sakamaki brothers awoke, Yui was then led into Orpheus's room with Reiji who was forcing her to apologize. Even though she had already plan to, there laid a sleeping Orpheus, "Since he is ill, I have decided to allow him to sleep for the time being. Leave the two juices over there. He will take them once he awakes." Yui nodded and quietly walked over before setting them down on the bed table, she noticed the stuffed fox had fallen on the ground and went to pick it up.

"Don't touch that." She flinched at Reiji's stern voice as he walked over and picked up the small and old toy, "I just-" Reiji glared towards her trying to talk back, "Orpheus does not like the scent of human on his treasured items. We shall be late if you dally." Yui looked shocked as she stared at the sleeping figure of Orpheus before she nodded and quickly left.

At school:

"I found one!" Yui ran down the steps after school, desperate to use the phone to contact anyone. She set down her bag before picking up the hearing and speaking part about to dial the number. She looked around to see if the brothers were nearby and threw the phone down in shock seeing Kanato right in front of her, "Ka..Kanato, you're still here." Kanato looked at her blankly holding his beloved Teddy and beginning to speak to her, "Yui, don't you understand why I'm here?" Yui looked at him confused, "I'm thirsty. So is Teddy." He stepped forward to her before Yui backed up, "Say, Teddy? What do you think of Yui for being so callous?"

"I..I'm sorry." Yui stuttered out before she gave a small smile with concern, "Alright, I'll go and buy you something." She looked down at the cute stuffed bear with a smile, "I'm sorry, Teddy." Kanato looked annoyed as he gently held Teddy a little closer to him, "Would you please not address my Teddy as though you know him? I am the only advisor he needs. Orpheus and Kookie are the only friends he needs. Isn't that right, Teddy?" Yui looked nervous as she tried to correct her mistake, "O..Oh, I didn't know. Anyway, I'll be right back." Yui quickly ran off leaving her bag with Kanato, remembering what Orpheus had warned her about.

"Don't insult Teddy nor Kanato." Orpheus looked at her as she nodded. A while later she noticed him walking past before he paused and turned to her, "Oh, Yui, I forgot, Teddy is not to be talked to directly. Only Kanato and I may do that."

Yui ran to the small cafeteria nearby before she walked back as to not spill it, "Here, I brought you coffee." Kanato slapped the cup out of her hands, causing some to fall onto her and her to quickly say, "Ow!" The cup fell to the ground As Kanato glared at her, "I prefer things that are sweet! I hate things that are bitter, like coffee!" Kanato yelled at her, his fangs showing as he snarled out the words, "Why can't you see that?!" Yui in shock looked at him, "That's no reason to throw it on the floor." Kanato shouted at her again, "Don't talk back to me!" She looked scared as Kanato continued to shout at her, "You are worthless and have no right!" She stepped back, "I..I'm sorry." Where is Orpheus... he always calmed down the others by being there.

"You aren't sorry, so why are you apologizing?!" Yui quietly spoke, as if on the edge of tears, "Then, what do you want from me?" Kanato immediately seemed to calm down calmly saying, "I want you to think of that on your own." Yui quickly tried to keep him seemingly pleased, "I... I'll go get you something else." Kanato who seemed to do a complete one eighty from yelling just as quietly said, "No, thank you. I'm no longer interested." Kanato moved Teddy to his side and took hold of her hands, "Did the coffee splash on your fingers?" Yui begun to blush as he brought it closer to his face placing a small fist on her chest as Kanato continued to stare, "Was it painfully hot? You poor thing." Kanato then licked her fingers causing Yui to flinch and take her hand away from his grasp.

"Tell me..." Yui looked up at him seeing a small expression of sadness, "Do you hate me? Well, do you? Do you want to learn more about me?" Yui looked surprised before she begun to speak softly, "It's not as if I hate you. And I would like to learn more about you, but..." Kanato spoke up, "Then, please make the effort to understand me." Kanato then started to walk off, before Yui noticed her bag was missing, "What? Kanato, have you seen my bag anywhere?" Kanato paused at the doorway, "I put it up on the roof."