Chapter Seven:

It was quite, a soft song in the air as Yui walked towards the voice, "Are you going to Scarborough Fair?" Walking down the hall towards a door, "Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme." Yui finally found the door, opening it to see Kanato on the railing of an open balcony, "Remember me, the one who lives..."

"That was you, Kanato?" Kanato turned before giving a small smile, "Oh, Yui... isn't it a nice night?" Kanato looked out at the sky, silently seeing his brother lying in the space between bushes. Yui looked surprised at his strangely happy atmosphere, "Why are you sitting there?" Yui walked closer to him, "That's dangerous." Kanato swung his feet softly saying, "I'll be fine." Yui looked scared as he moved slightly, "Come on, it's really dangerous." Kanato gave a small chuckle as he stared at her, "You wear an expression of anxiety mingled with fear. It's very cute." Again Kanato looked down, seeing Orpheus lying just under his feet, appearing to be asleep. But I know better.

"I actually hate it when you make that face. It makes me worry why you're so afraid of me." He hugged Teddy closer to his body, Yui tried to lie to him, "I..I'm not right now. I'm only afraid that you're going to fall." Again Kanato laughed, "You really don't have a clue..." Kanato tilted his head back to look at her, "How conceited that makes you." Yui looked nervous, and startled, and on the edge of tears.

"You're so incredibly foolish." He gave a breathy laugh, "It's so cute, it makes me laugh." Yui calmly asked, "Is it so wrong to worry?" Kanato quickly responded, "I don't need your worry. But..." he looked up from staring at Orpheus, "Do you want me to get down from here that badly?" Kanato turned his head to look at her, "Yes..."

"Okay, then give me a kiss." Kanato mentally smirked at the slight twitch Orpheus had but it was as if he had just dreamed something. Yui looked shocked, "If you give me a kiss, I will be happy to get down." He waited a bit, "If you can't do that, then leave me alone and get lost. Okay?" Yui was silent as she looked at Kanato, most likely still surprised before she begun to think. Kanato snickered, before he laughed, "Wh..what is it?"

"You took me seriously." He turned and looked at her from his leaning position, "You really are hopelessly stupid." Kanato begun to move, "I'll get down now." Yui smiled relieved, "Really?" Kanato nodded as he began to move, "Yes." Kanato stood up on the rail staring down again, "Ka..Kanato?" He turned to face the wall, "Well, so long." Kanato leaned back off the rail before he begun to fall, Yui didn't realize that Orpheus immediately got up from his sleep and lept up catching him in air. The loud thud she heard was Orpheus landing on the ground and setting Kanato down gently. He stood and walked off to the right side of the bush before he laid down again and closed his eyes.

"Kanato, are you alright?!" Yui's footsteps resounded through the ground, "Kanato!" Kanato was blunt and annoyed, "You're annoying." Kanato opened his eyes before looking to her, Yui looking shocked, "Did you believe a tiny fall from the second floor would actually harm me?" Kanato sat up as Orpheus slowly got up as well, "You would have been sore Kanato, if I hadn't had catched you."

"But you..."

"I only wish I could die so easily." Orpheus stayed seated, knowing Yui didn't see him, "Do you want to die?" Kanato stood up holding Teddy in his arms, "Maybe, but not right now." Orpheus slowly stood up, "O-Orpheus!" He walked over to Kanato and stated something in his ear before kissing his forehead, "Hello Little Lily. I'm sorry he startled you. He only wanted to test you, and to see if I was paying attention." Orpheus excused himself before he walked off to the inside of the building.

A few minutes later:

Orpheus sat inside as he closed his eyes gently sleeping in a chair. Yui ran inside after managing to get away from Kanato and Ayato in the horrid doll room, "Huh?"