Chapter Fourteen:

Paler than the white moon, there on a couch lied Orpheus, they had dressed his wounds, but Reiji only shook his head, "All we can do now is to wait." They all looked at Yui, "Her face is getting whiter."

"She could awaken at any time." Subaru was holding his knife, just calmly looking at Orpheus. Ayato looked to Shu, "Isn't there a way to drive the bitch out of her?" Ayato looked at Yui while Subaru noticed that Orpheus flinched some, "Kanato..." The boy didn't bother to correct his younger brother, "Yes Subaru?" The brothers all noticed that Subaru seemed slightly worried, "Go get Kookie. I think he's having a nightmare." They all seemed surprised that Kanato didn't even yell at being ordered to do something.

Orpheus's memory:

A young boy smiled, the crown upon his head had slipped as he laughed. The boy pushed up the crown away from his eyes, "What are you doing?" The boy looked up at a male who wore regal clothes, much like his own. His hair was black and had a slight frown upon his lips.

"F-father! I.. I uh..." His father took the crown off his head before he glared at him, "How many times have I told you not to take this crown?" The boy looked down before a beautiful woman with long white hair and gorgeous blue eyes walked in, "James... he is just a boy." The male frowned, "But Christa, he knows better than this. He needs to start his lessons soon." The woman gently kissed his cheek before she smiled, "He will, but let him be a boy. Go, I'll help him." The man seemed calmer before he nodded.

"Very well." He walked out before the young boy wiped his eyes, "S..Sorry momma."  The woman knelt down wiping his eyes, "It's okay my little Mondlicht (moonlight). Your father's just a grumpy pants." The young child giggled some before his mother got a smaller crown out of a box, "Here. You'll find this is a better fit." The little boy beamed as his own crown was placed upon his head. His mother gently placed a kiss on his head as he giggled, "Come my little Mondlicht. We need to practice your coronation."

End of memory:

Reiji was scanning through the pages of one of his books. I just need this to work. His lab was full of papers all over the floor, and books scattered throughout. Subaru stood in the white rose bushes, staring at the crimson moon, before gazing at the bloody silver knife in his hand. He held the knife near his mouth as if reminiscing something, before he stabbed and sliced a rose in half, "Damn it!"

Subaru's memory:

Orpheus was reading to him, they were both young boys in the roses, "Why would they paint them red?" Orpheus chuckled as he looked at the younger male, "Because the queen would kill them if she knew they were white." Subaru frowned as he angrily thought of destroying the white flowers all around them, "That's stupid!" Orpheus chuckled, "Yes... I do suppose it is." He kissed his head before he begun to hum.

"Onii-san," Orpheus hummed a little louder, "Yes Subaru?" Subaru smiled at him which was very rare, "Will you read this again to me?" Orpheus gave a happy nod as a breeze blew pedals around them, "Of course."

End of memory:

Out by the pool blood was splattered all along the walls of the staircase, and dragged down the halls. In the room that it led to was Cordelia's dress, while Richter fell to his knees and stared at the flowers, "This is it. I just need this!" He reached out before a voice came out if the dead air, "Wow... so this is where you've been hiding her dress." Richter turned around in surprise seeing Laito leaning against the wall, "I had no idea whatsoever." Richter narrowed his eyes towards the male, "Laito..." Laito tilted his head to the side and gave a small laugh.