Part Two: Chapter Eight

Yui was helping pick tomatoes again, as she picked a large one with a smile, "Hey... the Sakamaki slacker..." Yuma was holding a smaller tomato as Yui seemed confused, "Slacker?"

"The guy who's always sleeping, whatever. Who is he?" Yui looked surprised, "You mean Shu? He's the oldest Sakamaki brother. His name is Shu Sakamaki." Yuma dropped the tomato before turning to face her, "You making fun of me? I know that shit ready, duh!" Yuma stood up and walked to her holding up his fist near her head, "You're a real dumb piece of meat, aren't cha? Is there even a brain in that empty head of yours? I'm asking you what kind of guy he is." Yui looked at the tomato trying to think of what to say, "Umm... He doesn't talk much, and he listens to music a lot. Oh, and he sleeps at home a lot, too."

"Man, he really is a slacker." Yui looked confused as she thought about another vampire, "Why didn't you ask Orpheus? He's lived there longer." Yui looked at him as Yuma frowned, "Wilhelm is with us now. He doesn't need to think of those guys. Well, whatever." He then placed his hands in his pockets and walked off to some flowers. Observing the lavender sprigs that Orpheus had planted a year ago. Ruki was watching Yui in the garden, "Any signs of the awakening?" Kou gave a sigh, "I haven't seen any. And after what that brute Subaru did, Wilhelm has become distant again." A soft voice agreed with Kou as they reflected on the matter, "Neither... have I." Azusa was sitting down with them as Kou put his hand to his chin, "We're always drinking her blood, but I guess it's not enough yet." Ruki stared at her, his eyes narrowing.

Ruki's memory:

"We can't let it go like this! Let's run away!" A young Ruki, Kou, Yuma, and Azusa were running away.

"There they are! Get them!" The sound of a male came out before the sound of guns went off, "They are there!" Ruki was lying on the ground, "So you're the little ringleader? You former aristocrat piece of trash!" Ruki looked up in pain and anger as he glared at his captors.

"Giving us the same impudent look as usual, are you?" The male looked somewhere else and grabbed something from a fire, "To make sure you'll never make the same mistake again... I'll brand a mark into your back." He held a large garden tool, Ruki looked at it before he let out a blood curtling scream. Ruki was on the ground beaten and burned, before two men were near him. One was in purple, with long white hair but his face hidden, the other was slightly smaller than him, but his hair was shoulder length as he knelt down towards Ruki's body.

Ruki moved his head up to look at them, the white haired male smiled and said something to him, but it appeared that the purple haired man never saw the other, or heard him as he gently looked at him. The male held out his hand before Ruki had looked surprised and reached out to the male. The white haired male smiled while the purple haired man gave a smile to the boy who smiled back.

Back to Ruki:

Ruki stared at the window, "After he was kind enough to give us a chance..." Kou and Azusa turned their head confused, "We won't be able to live up to his expectations at this rate." Ruki tightened his hold on the book he held as he looked out the window. Yui was walking up the steps to class alone, before her foot missed the step and she began to fall. Yuma caught her, "What are you all wobbly for? You feelin' anemic?" Yui turned to him, "Yuma!" Yui fainted onto his chest as Yuma looked at her, "Jeez, what a pain in my ass." He picked her up to carry her, causing Yui to make a noise and blush brightly, "What?"

"Shut up, and don't thrash around. If you don't want me to drop you then hold on tight." Yuma carried Yui down the stairs, "W-Where are we going?" Yuma just casually said, "Who knows. You should just shut up and let me carry you." Yui looked at the male that caused Yuma to pause before noticing them and Orpheus.