Chapter 32: Getting Closer

A/N: Thank you for the comment! (I'm in a super good mood right now ><) Here's the next chapter! We're slowly inching towards the goal.

Chapter 32

"You should thank Orion for returning it. It's even in better condition than when we had last had it," Shion father smiled.

His mother, who didn't understand much about business smiled and nodded in agreement without understanding the specifics.

Thank Orion? The thought had never occurred to him. After yesterday's fiasco, he really didn't want to give his thanks to someone so forceful. In fact, it was probably his fault that they went bankrupt in the first place. It couldn't be helped though, Shion was raised to be a respectful person who repaid his debts, and this time he owed a huge debt to his family. Although Orion's actions yesterday were completely uncalled for an upset him quite a bit, he had a duty to repay his gratitude. His family's happiness was worth far more than a single night of tears. When his thoughts settled in this direction, he found being able to thank Orion a much more bearable thought.

"I'll go find him now. I'll work at the company. There are only a few people, so we need all the competent hands that we can get," Shion smiled.

"You're competent?" his father laughed.

The family of three laughed merrily in a way that they hadn't done for five years. Shion could feel the warmth and love of a family that he'd missed for so long. If he'd known that he was going to come back to open arms and laughter, he would have visited more often despite the risks of meeting Orion.

"Ah, if you're going to meet Orion, I'll pack you two some food. You can eat it together on the grass or something!" his mother exclaimed joyfully.

Her excitement in being able to make a simple lunch for her son was clearly visible all over her face. Just from her expression along, one could tell how much she loved her son.

"Mum, I'm not in high school anymore. We can just go to a restaurant or something. You don't need to go to the trouble of making lunch," Shion laughed.

"Nonsenese, you're going to eat something unhealthy from some store again. I won't allow it. I'm going to make something you two healthy, and you'd better eat every bit of it. Event he veggies that I know you hate!" his mum scolded.

With a smile across his face, he entered the kitchen with his mum. His father was left forgotten in the lounge room with an amused smile spread across his face.

Shion was happily slicing carrots when he remembered he didn't know where Orion was. He excused himself from the kitchen and head back to his room with his phone. The dialling commenced after he pressed in Levi's number.

"Hello?" Levi's voice tested.

"Hi Levi, do you know where Orion is at the moment?" Shion asked.

"He's at the Lukenlore headquarters. Why?" Levi answered.

Shion thought about how to reply to Levi's question, and eventually answered honestly, "There was something I wanted to ask. I'll bring over lunch too, since my mum is insisting on making it."

There was silence over the line for a few seconds.

"Alright, but you've got to come over within the next two hours when he's still here though," Levi sighed.

Shion nodded out of instinct, and cut the line after a short thank you. He headed back to the kitchen and continued to help out.

"Mum, we're grown men you know?" Shion asked.