Chapter 20 A night worth anticipating for all but her

Chapter 20

On the night of the party, Orion dressed in garments made from the finest silk and cotton weaved together to bring out the charm of the cunningly handsome man that wore it. He purposefully completed all the preparations that were required for tonight's party. His face was patted with brushes and sponges, his hair was pushed and pulled and every last minute detail of his appearance was taken care of by the assistants. He looked every bit the ruthless character that he was acting today.

A click came from the door as Levi made his way in. Orion grimaced at the sight of his manager, but let him complete his routinely once over as he confirmed that the preparations were complete. Levi, satisfied with how Orion looked, threw himself into a chair with a cunning smile spread across his face.

Silence permeated the air for a few moments until Levi broke it.

"Your reputation depends on what you say tonight, Orion. Do try not to mess up," he sighed.

Orion smirked, "Have I ever made a mistake on the stage?"

Levi felt a strong desire to refute the statement that Orion had just uttered, but kept silent for nothing would get through an overconfidently arrogant man.

Levi huffed and motioned to the door. The pair, impeccably dressed in black and grey, stepped into the lobby. Eyes turned to watch the fine male specimens as they took large, arrogant strides towards the entrance of the hotel. Waiting for the pair was an extravagant limousine. Orion stepped into the vehicle without problem. Levi stood to observe the unnecessarily extravagant preparations that the company had prepped. The ride was rougher than what was expected of a high-class vehicle, but the arrival was done in style. The venue of the party was swarming with reporters. Flashes flew about at every turn as desperate reporters turned to borderline violence to get the perfect shot. Security kept paparazzi in check, but the extra skillful could push through the main crowd. Orion's appearance at the venue created chaos. Reporters moved from their original targets onto the singular person that had captured the media's love for five years since his debut.

As microphones were thrusted into his face, Orion pushed his way through a flurry of human hands and sound equipment. Levi, who witnessed this scene with experienced eyes, moved his hands strategically to push the reporters back. With such an intense amount of attention, only relief could wash through them when they passed the first trial of the night. The venue of the party was spectacularly decorated. When combined together with the noble architecture, this party wasn't on the level of a regular party anymore. At first glance one could already tell the wealth of the people holding the party. The guests that had already arrived stood chatting with others in their tastelessly low-cut dresses or ornately decorated suits. Between all the garments worn for tonight's party, Orion's were the simplest. There were no embellishments or intricate embroidery. Despite the simplicity of his clothing, the powerful aura that Orion brought with him did not remain unnoticed. People turned to watch the new arrivals that had entered without the slightest ruffle on their clothing.

As Orion watched over the large mass of people communicating with flowery words and plastic smiles, he couldn't help but appreciate the falsity in their peacock costumes and hypocritical actions. The people watch Orion in awe and envy. They swarmed towards him when they heard of his arrival; however, whether they were interested in Orion the actor, Orion the businessman or Orion the soon-to-be father, they held greed in their eyes as they invaded his personal space. Orion's own face was plastered with a fake smile comfortably matched with his dead fish eyes. The flock of eager people drank in his every word and action asking him about all that he was. Levi worked to quell the crowd as Orion moved to people that the crowd couldn't reach. He grabbed a flute of champagne as he made his way to an old friend of his. This old friend smiled wryly at Orion without comment. There were no people around him and no one willing to approach him. He was known as the devil director. No one in the film industry was willing to be close to a man so easy to offend, and held grudges for twenty years.  Not if they wanted to survive in the entertainment industry.