Chapter 11: A Matter of Risk and Profit

Chapter 11:

"This is Marie from St. Joseph's hospitals. I'm calling to inform you that the patient, Shion Halsire's condition has stabilized and we're moving him to the intensive care unit. We'd like to keep him there for a few days to make sure there's no relapse, but unfortunately, that will require payment. If you would be able to come in..." Marie asked politely.

Orion felt weight drop off his shoulders and replied, "I'll come in now."

"Orion, honey, where are you going? Are you going to leave me here like this?" the black-haired woman whined from the bed.

Orion looked at the woman. A mixture of cum and lube dripped down her thighs as she seductively spread her legs to invite him. Orion turned away disgustedly. Despite the woman's pathetic attempt, he didn't feel enamoured to continue inside her, yet his erection still stood strong. Going anywhere with the raging erection he currently possessed would destroy whatever reputation he had, so he removed the condom surrounding his length, and threw it to the side. Slowly, he used his hand to pump up and down. His thumb circled the tip and gently touched the slit. He didn't have the time to take things slow, so he roughly pumped until milky substance spluttered all over his hand. As he came, Shion's name quietly slipped from his lips as he smiled while thinking of him. The woman who had been left abandoned on the bed watched in confusion. She continued to watch as Orion entered the bathroom, washed his hands and dressed. As he walked out the door, the woman cried out for him.

"Orion, where are you going? We haven't finished yet!" she screamed.

Orion didn't turn around. He headed straight to the garage to retrieve his car with the half-dressed woman hot on his heels. He unlocked a silver Volvo and slid into the driver's seat. The woman rushed into the passenger's side. Orion turned his head to see the frivolous woman sitting beside him.

"Get out," Orion hissed.

The woman shuddered.

"Not until you tell me what's happening or we go back upstairs to finish our unfinished business," the black-haired woman demanded.

"I said, get out," Orion growled.

The woman refused to budge. Orion reached his hand out in a gentle manner to touch the woman's black hair. Her hair was so black and silky, but it was a pity since Orion was angry. He grasped the woman's hair by the roots and yanked her forwards. Placing emphasis on every word, Orion very soothingly whispered threats to appease her puny brain.

"Get out unless you want the world to know that you spread your legs for every man you come across on the streets," Orion whispered.

The woman paled. Her career was her livelihood, and she couldn't lose it. She had heard rumours of how Orion's mood could fluctuate, but never in her dreams did she think she would see it for herself. She rapidly scrambled out of the car fuming in her rage. She would get her revenge one way or another.

With the nuisance out of the way, Orion made his way to the hospital again. He greeted the nurse called Marie who took him to see Shion. He saw Shion lying still on the hospital bed in a room that could desensitise the nose with the amount of cleaning fumes left in the air. He brushed aside Shion's hair, but as he touched him, he felt as though he was unclean. The feel of the woman remained within his body as vigorously washed his hands over and over. He feeling of dirtiness only faded away when angry red skin greeted him since he had completed his hand hygiene cycle a little to persistently. He dried his hands and they found their way to Shion's forehead. While Orion rubbed his hand over Shion's hair, Shion remained on the bed obliviously unmoving. His fingers and eye lids did not flutter in the least, which left only the rising and falling of his chest as the only indication that he was alive. Orion felt sorrow when he saw Shion look the way he did, but he wanted him so desperately by his side. Had it been legal, he would have shackled Shion to his side, so he could never leave again. He sat in his seat watching Shion until visiting hours were over. The anaesthetic that Shion had been given him would keep him under for at least the next tree hour, so there was no point in waiting after hours. He went back to his apartment and slept through until his clock reminded him of his employment duties.