Chapter 37: Batting for the other team

Chapter 37

Through his tears, Shion watched the proud, arrogant man he once knew, shed tears for his sake. He wiped away the trickling tears from his eyes, and smiled at Orion.

"My forgiveness isn't cheap, so accompany a few places, and maybe I'll forgive you," Shion smiled.

Orion's heart couldn't help but melt when he watched a cute smile form on Shion's lips. He nodded his head vigorously. Even if it costed the world, he would have Shion forgive him. Whatever he wanted, whatever he wished, Orion would grant without a second thought. The power of a man in love was really one worth reckoning with.

He wasn't ready to say the words that professed this mystical emotion within him, neither was Shion ready to hear it. These words, so ready to pour from his mouth, but unable to be said nestled in his throat to be said another time.

"I'll accompany you anywhere. Pick wherever you want to go, and I'll stay right beside you," Orion smiled.

Under the cover of darkness, Shion blushed. The red of his blush ran from the base of his neck to the tips of ears. Shion's awareness heightened to incomparable heights as he attempted to decipher the ambiguous meanings within Orion's words.

Orion couldn't see Shion's expression, but he could practically feel the embarrassment radiating off Shion's body. He smiled gently until he recognized the predicament he was in.

In a few months, there would be a media release for his so-called engagement. Remembering how his last fake marriage had affected Shion, Orion felt the need to put a few disclaimers on this new found relationship.

In all seriousness, Orion would have loved to put his hands on Shion's shoulders and calmly explain the concerning situation he was currently stuck in. Unfortunately, they had barely gotten over the stage of renewing their friendship that Orion didn't know whether or not Shion would approve of physical touch.

So, kneeling a little to Shion's height, he stared directly into Shion's face. The illumination provided by the dock lights was barely enough to make out his features.

In a serious voice, Orion calmly spoke a few concerning sentences, "Shion, in the future, the media is going to release some alarming information about my marital status. In order to inherit my father's company, I was ordered to be wed within three years. I have no intention of getting married right now, so any information that comes through about a marriage is false an unsupported. Remember this, Shion. I will not get married no matter what picture the media is painting."

A look of alarm spread across Shion's face for a moment when he heard of Orion's marital status, but he nodded deftly and accepted what Orion had said. Though he didn't quite understand the relevance of Orion telling him such information. The usual Orion just did as he please. Should he have a good impression of someone, he would play along with their schemes. If he hated someone, he'd make their life a living hell.

Seeing that Shion readily accepted his message, Orion sighed in relief. With the object of his desire standing right in front of him, Orion felt the need to reach out and grasp Shion's hand just to confirm his existence right in front of him. Unfortunately, that would have to wait for a later stage after he wasn't so incompetent at reading atmospheres and being bull-headed.

When he reflected on his own emotions, after realizing that he did indeed fancy Shion, he realized with a few days how hard it was to like someone. He longed for the days that people fawned to get his attention, but still wouldn't have his current situation any other way.