your help

for XCalumtheCatX

"luke, you're tired." michael whispered as he walked into the younger boys room.

"i know. i guess this is kinda my last day of cleaning up after someone." he laughed dryly.

his boyfriend dumped his after finding someone else, but luke wasn't entirely upset. he was always exhausted at the end of the day because he would do things his boyfriend asked him to do while he was gone, but he would never get any appreciation.

"hey, this is for the better. he was wearing you out." michael said, and luke nodded his head, throwing clothes in the hamper.

"i've spent a year picking up after him, and running all over the place for him. finally taking time for myself just feels weird." luke said, and laid on his clean bed that wasn't cluttered with his boyfriends laundry that he always found himself doing.

"well, listen. you deserve to be able to take care of yourself. make yourself the first priority." michael said, laying beside luke with his hands behind his head.

"i'm so tired." luke whispered.

"you've been tired for 12 months."

luke nodded, and turned to michael.

"he put me through hell. i remember nights of staying up for so long editing papers for him so he could go out to get a drink. i kind of hate the idea of it right now, but do you think i'll ever be in a relationship again?" luke asked, and michael smiled a little.

"i hope so.." michael said, and placed his hand on luke's hip, scooting closer to him.

luke smiled a little, and traced shapes over michael's arm.

"i do like you, but i don't know right now.." luke whispered.

"i know, trust me. i want you to take all of the time you need, but just know that i'm not gonna be like him." michael said softly, reaching up, and running his thumb over the stubble on luke's jaw.

"you're not?" luke asked, and looked up with hope in his eyes.

"of course not. wether we're in a relationship or not, you're my princess. you deserve to be spoiled. you're not gonna have to go to sleep lonely anymore, and i promise i'll hold you as long as you want me to. i'll be so clingy that you'll have to ask me to leave you alone and tell me i'm annoying." michael laughed, but luke just shook his head, smiling.

"no- that's what i want. it won't be annoying i swear." luke giggled, and michael smiled, kissing his head.

"whenever you're ready, i promise i'll be here."