fire

FOR Lukeyy_The_Penguin

michael yawned as he stepped out of the car.

it was a little after 4 in the morning, and he had just gotten back from a business conference a few hours out of town.

he was beyond exhausted as he trudged up the sidewalk with his eyes pretty much closed.

he finally opened up his eyes as he stood on the porch, and he was snapped out of his fatigue immediately as he saw bright flames through the window.

"hey! i'm calling the fire department! don't go in!" he heard, and looked over to see a few of his neighbors further out in his yard in their pajamas.

"how long has it been burning?!" michael asked, stepping away from the door.

"maybe 10 minutes! it's grown fast."

"where's luke at?" he asked, assuming he was with a neighbor at their house.

they were all silent as michael's heart fell.

he dropped his stuff as he heard a siren, and ran towards the door despite hearing people tell him not to go in.

"luke?!" michael yelled, opening the door.

he didn't hear a response as he ran to their bedroom through a maze of flames and fallen wood.

"baby, come on!" michael screamed, crying and sweating as he managed to push open the half-burning door.

the bedroom wasn't burning, but it was filled with smoke, and luke was still laying on the bed.

"luke, baby, wake up! wake up, sweetheart, we've gotta go." michael said, kneeling over luke, shaking him.

he didn't respond and that's when michael realized that he was unconscious.

he groaned, and picked luke up, carrying him bridal style.

he sobbed as he carried luke, but he had to be strong, and he had to get luke out of here.

he ran down the stairs, and felt himself getting dizzy but he kept running.

he jumped back when a flame-covered board fell right in front of him, almost hitting luke.

he held luke closer, and jumped out of the door, running to the driveway as firefighters worked on putting the fire out.

michael fell onto the concrete, but managed to lay luke down gently.

"w-wake up, luke!"

michael fell beside luke's body, and held onto his arm as he quickly went unconscious too.

-

"wake up..." michael said softly, nudging luke's arm with a stuffed dinosaur.

he smiled a little when luke started stirring around.

"michael?" luke mumbled, his eyes still closed. "how was the business conference?"

"open your eyes, beautiful.." michael laughed, running a hand through luke's knotted hair.

luke's blue eyes opened a little bit, and they widened as he looked around.

"why am i here?" luke asked. "and- you?"

he looked at michael who was sitting by his bed in a hospital gown, and it kind of hurt him.

"well, after you went asleep, something caused a fire in the house. i got home, and i went to get you, but you were already passed out, and i passed out after i brought you outside. i'm completely fine, don't worry, and the doctors said you are going to be just fine too."

"our house?" luke asked, his voice almost gone.

"yeah, but it's gonna be okay.." michael whispered, taking his hand.

"promise?"

"of course i promise."

luke smiled a little and held the stuffed animal to his chest.

"i'm just so glad i have you. it really scared me." michael whispered, taking luke's hand.

"thanks for being my superman."