Possession Is Not Okay, Mary!

This lovely story idea was requested by the_doctor_lies. Thank you for making this request, it was a ton of fun to write. Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sam sat quietly in the hospital waiting room, waiting for news on if Dean was going to survive the attack. They had walked into a hunt blind, well more so than normal. They had figured it was a vampire or werewolf, but it had turned out to be a demon den. 

Malformed and ugly creatures with razor sharp and long nails, that could filet skin from bone in a blink or less. Somehow their nails had missed all of Dean's major and minor arteries, when they slashed his left side to ribbons. How that was even feasible, he had no idea. 

He looked down at his watch, on his skinned up and bandaged wrist. The clock read 4:33 am, showing that he had been waiting for news for over eight hours. Dean must have been taken back for surgery, since the bleeding had been pretty bad from the jagged slash marks in his left side. 

"Dean Bireman?" A nurse asked, causing Sam to jump in surprise. 

"Is my brother okay?" Sam asked weakly, his voice betraying his exhaustion. 

"Angels are really watching over your brother." the nurse said, with a motherly tone. She looked Sam over, with the critical eye of a parent. 

"My brother used to say our mom said something very similar to that." Sam mumbled, his words slightly slurred and jumbled, as he was barely able to blink his eyes open once they closed. 

"Come with me, we have a cot set up in his room for you." the nurse said, taking his arm gently to guide him through the halls to Dean's room. "Rest, he is going to be fine." she encouraged once they entered Dean's room. 

Sam looked at Dean briefly, relieved that his older brother was breathing with only a nasal tube helping him. He lay down on his cot, dozing off before his head hit the pillow. 

"Rest well, Sammy. Angels are watching over you and Dean." the nurse said lovingly, after Sam was asleep. She covered him with a blanket, before walking over to check Dean's vitals. 

She paused in the doorway, when leaving the room, looking at the sleeping brothers fondly. She walked out to the nurses' desk, looking at the phone thoughtfully. 

After a few moments, she made up her mind. She grabbed the phone, dialing a very familiar number, and listened to it ring. 

"Singer Salvage Yard?" answered a sleepy, gruff voice, a moment before the the ringing would have gone to voicemail. 

"Bobby," the nurse said gently, knowing he would know what she had done before too long. 

"Who is this?!" Bobby demanded, wondering what was going on and who had been hurt this time. "It is barely 5 am." he added in sleepy frustration. 

"I know, and I am sorry for such an early call. My name is Nurse Jackie, from Sanford Medical Center in Bismarck, North Dakota. I have a Sam and Dean Bireman here." she said professionally, mentally berating herself for nearly giving away who she really was. 

"Are they alright?"  Bobby asked, concern thick in his voice. 

"Sammy is a bit banged up, but Dean needed surgery for some pretty massive lacerations in his left side." She explained, her real voice coming through as she said the boys' names. 

"Mary?!" Bobby snapped, frustrated with the boys' supposed-to-be-dead mother, who was repeatedly not staying dead. 

"Hey Bobby. I couldn't help it! They were hurting and scared, I needed to help them." Mary protested, even as she knew she was only making excuses for her behavior.