Y/N Gets Sick Then Sicker

Requested by productofdestiel. Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sam slipped out of bed, not wanting to wake his sleeping girlfriend, Y/N. She was usually a light sleeper, so he was surprised that his getting out of bed hadn't woken her this morning, but he shrugged it off, figuring she needed the extra sleep. He walked out into the living room area of the bunker, not at all surprised to see Dean was awake and at it before him.

"Morning," he said tiredly, not bothering to explain where Y/N was.

"Morning, Sam. Where's Y/N?" Dean asked, surprised to see his brother without her nearby. Those two were joined at the hips, it was adorable, how much they did together.

"Still asleep." Sam said in a bored voice, as he went and got himself and Y/N a cup of coffee, before walking back to the bedroom to find she was still asleep, but she appeared to be shivering, even under a massive comforter. "Y/N, honey, you okay?" he asked, shaking her shoulder to wake her up.

Y/N shot upright, smacking her forehead on Sam's chin really hard. "Ow... I 'm sorry, are you okay, Sam?" she asked hoarsely, barely aware that she had little to no voice to speak of, as she rubbed where her head had hit his chin.

Sam rubbed his chin, rotating it gently to assess the damage. "No harm, no foul. You okay, sweetheart? You're voice is gone." he pointed out in concern, noticing that she had started shivering uncontrollably again.

Y/N reached over and grabbed a hoodie, which she pulled on over her tanktop and night shorts, got up, and found some sweats to pull on too. "I'm fine, just freezing." she admitted, as even in sweats and a hoodie, she was shivering.

Sam walked over, putting a gentle hand on her forehead only to pull it back quickly from the heat emanating from her skin. "You have a fever, love." he said softly, guiding her back to the bed. "Lay down, I'm gonna go tell Dean." he said gently, before leaving the room at a sprint.

Y/N watched in dismay, taking a moment to assess how she honestly felt, and found that she felt awful. She had a sore throat, no voice, a fever, a headache, an upset stomach, and cramps to boot. She went to lay down, only to start coughing softly at first, then harder and harder, until she was left breathless and with her lungs burning.

Sam skidded to a stop in the living room, earning an amused look from Dean.

"What's the rush?" Dean asked, noticing that Sam looked really worried about something.

"Y/N is sick, she has a high fever from the feel of it." Sam panted out, looking like he was about to panic.

"Okay, go get the thermometer, we'll move her out here, so I can help take care of her too." Dean suggested, getting up to help Sam implement his plan.

Sam nodded, taking off down the hall, looking for the thermometer, while Dean went looking for Y/N.

Y/N had been laying in bed, when she was hit with an urgent need to use the bathroom. She got up, stumbled down the hall, and sank heavily onto the toilet, willing her body to take care of its business, as she closed her eyes, breathing hard.

Dean checked the bedroom, not finding her, knocked on the bathroom door, hearing a meek "come in." from within.

"Y/N? Are you decent?" he asked gently, opening the door slowly.

She had gotten up, flushed, pulled up her pants, and sank to the floor, too dizzy to see straight as her stomach flipped uncomfortably. So she sat beside the toilet, in case she ended up getting sick.