Chapter 2

A FEW MONTHS LATER

Nick's POV

I was shopping for Adam we were at a baby store I was getting formula and diapers since we were getting low I sigh when he starts crying then it quickly turns into screaming. I pick him up and try to soothe him, I offer a bottle, his bear I try singing and everything but nothing helps this was starting to get incredibly hard "would you like some help?" I look up and see a girl with brown hair standing there in front of me. "Yes, thank you so much he's been fussy a lot lately." She takes Adam then starts rocking him back and forth in her arms she talks to him then tickles him and Adam gives her a smile. I look down and by her side was a small boy with blonde hair and blue eyes.

 I look down and by her side was a small boy with blonde hair and blue eyes

Mallory's POV

I stand there and hold the baby until he's asleep then I pass him back to his dad. He looks at me then smiles "Thank you so much for your help I don't think I could have handled that on my own I'm Nick Carter." "I know and I'm sure you could have got it sooner or later are you giving mom a break today?" He shakes his head then looks at me and I can tell he's upset. "No, she died after Adam was born." I nod I feel sympathetic for Nick, being a single parent wasn't easy for anyone I couldn't imagine how hard it must be for him. "I'm sorry for your loss." His eyes go to my son Landon standing next to me "What about the two of you?" my situation was a lore more complicated. "It's just the two of us his dad isn't involved." I couldn't believe I had just told him that.

Nick's POV

I stand there and talk to Mallory for a while, ask her a few questions related on what I should do with Adam and if I'm doing anything wrong. She laughs then looks at me "You're not doing anything wrong it just takes a little while to figure out everything you may need to try a different formula he may not be getting full." She sounded like she had been through something similar. "How old is your son?" She looks down at the boy standing next to her and she runs her hand through his hair "he's four his name is Landon." I nod I was surprised that she had a four-year-old but I don't show it. I run my hand through my hair then look at her "Can I have your number would it be okay if I called you sometime to ask for advice?" "Sure, no problem." She writes her number down then hands it to me I look at it then stick it in my pocket. "It was nice meeting you we better go." "Nice meeting you too." She picks her little boy up then walks off I feel a weight lift off me and I don't feel like I'm drowning anymore.

Mallory's POV

After I leave the store Landon and I go for lunch we stop at a pizza place I smile as I'm cleaning the pizza sauce off his face. He wraps his arms around my neck then kisses my cheek "I love you momma." "I love you too baby." We leave the pizza place then go to the park so he can play for a little while we stay there for a few hours then I put him in his car swat and drive home. Once we're at home I let him watch his favorite show Scooby Doo I go in the kitchen then begin to get everything ready for dinner I look at the clock and it's almost six after dinner I give Landon a bath then play with him, read him a story and he's in bed asleep by nine. I loved my son and being a mom but being a single did get lonely I go in the living then sit on the couch and start watching TV.