Chapter 41

A FEW MONTHS LATER

Mallory's POV

I lay my head against the cold bath tub and feel Nick start rubbing my back this had been going on for over a month Nick lifts my hair then kisses the back of my neck. "I think it's time for you to see a doctor Mal I'm worried I want to make sure that there's nothing wrong." I nod then stand up and brush my teeth for some reason my stomach felt different. "Let's go see a doctor." "I'll get Landon." Once they are ready to go we get in the car then start the drive to the doctor I was nervous about this and I could tell Nick was too.

Nick's POV

I try my best to keep Adam and Landon entertained while we wait on the doctor come back with Mal's test results I was worried I didn't want to bury my wife this soon I couldn't go through that again. The door opens then the doctor walks in with a folder "Well Mr. and Mrs. Carter you have nothing to worry your results are normal the pregnancy test was positive based on your samples you're close to three months." I was shocked I didn't see this coming. We were going to have three little ones under the age of five I was nervous just thinking about it but I knew we wanted our own baby together so I was happy too I couldn't wait to meet our baby I was afraid that what happened to Amanda might happen to Mal.

Mallory's POV

That night after Adam and Landon are put to bed I walk outside then see Nick sitting by the pool he had been quiet since we got back from the doctor I walk over to him then sit down. "I'm sorry if this is too soon for a baby." He looks over at me "I'm happy about the baby I just don't want to lose you." I knew that he would be afraid of that I take a deep breath then hold his hand. "You're not going to lose me we're going to be together for a long time we will have a happy healthy baby, and I'm going to have a normal delivery and recovery." He nods then kisses the side of my neck.

Kevin's POV

I pick up my phone and see Nick calling I hadn't hear from him since the wedding so I hoped that everything was okay. "Hey Nick how's everything going?" "Great the honeymoon was amazing we plan on going back to Paris, Mal and I are having a party this weekend we wanted to see if the two of you could make it." It had been a few months since the last time we visited Orlando it would be good to go again. "Sure, Nick we'll be there tell Mal and the boys that we said hi." I hear him laugh "Will do Kev see you this weekend." I hang up then go find Kristin I couldn't wait to see how married life was treating Nick.