Chapter 33

Mallory's POV

It was the day Nick and I were leaving and I could tell he was nervous and worried about meeting my parents I wake up then feed Adam and Landon their breakfast. Nick takes Buddy to Howie and Leigh's house then we he starts loading up all our bags in the back of his car I double check to make sure we have everything after that I walk out of the house lock the door then get in the car. He looks at me then takes a deep breath "ready?" I smile then nod "Let's do this." He starts the car and we drive to the airport I was a little nervous about this too. I wanted my parents to like Nick and Adam.

Nick's POV

We land in Nashville a few hours later find a car to rent while we are here for the week then we begin the two-hour drive to Mal's hometown it was a small one. She gives me directions to the house then we stop I get out of my car and look at the house it was your traditional southern home the landscaping was perfect, the house was well taken care of it was a nice house but it lacked signs that children once lived here. I unload the bags while Mal gets Landon and Adam out the car Landon is a bundle of excitement while Adam naps in Mal's arms I take a deep breath then we walk up to the door and my heart starts racing when Mal knocks on the door.

Mallory's POV

I dreaded this I wasn't sure how my parents would react to meeting Nick I knew that this was an important step in our relationship. I put on a brace face as the door opens and I see my mom standing here "Mom hi." She gives Nick a look then her eyes go to Adam sleeping in my arms and I can tell what she's thinking right away. She smiles at all four of us and I relax she hugs Landon then she looks back at Nick "Come on in it's nice to meet you." He smiles "I'm Nick this is my son Adam." This was off to a good start. My mom steps back then we all walk in the house.

Nick's POV

The afternoon goes smoothly with Mal's parents maybe this wasn't going to be so bad that night we all sit around the table for dinner then they start asking me questions. "What's your family like Nick?" I take a deep breath I haven't told Mal some parts of my life. "I had a rough childhood my parents were always fighting over different things I lost one of sisters to a drug addiction I've battled it and so has my brother." Her mother gives me a look and I can tell she just gave me my first strike. The next question is from her dad "What do you do Nick?" "Clearly he wasn't a fan. "I'm in a boy band I'm in the Backstreet Boys I travel a lot we do cruises and have shows." He nods it wasn't a bad response so maybe he didn't have a problem with me like her mother did so much for wanting to make a good impression. The conversation slows for a while then her mother goes back to asking questions "What happened to Adam's mother?" I look over at Mal and she gives me a small nod. "She died giving birth to Adam I met Mal one day at the store when he was really fussy I believe that I was meant to be with her she's a blessing to me." "I'm sorry." Maybe that would change her mind.