Chapter 26

Nick's POV

It was another theme night on the cruise the theme for tonight was movie night and just like always I ended up being the girl I was in a dress. I finish up then get my makeup done I look in the mirror and leave with the others we go up on the deck and I look around until I see Mal. I walk over to her and she looks up at me she looks at me and starts laughing I shake my head "Don't laugh at me I look damn good." She throws her head back and laughs. I wrap my arms around her waist then kiss her she kisses back and wraps her arms around my neck I pull her closer her then hold her against me. I pull away "I think we messed up my lipstick." She laughs and pulls away.

Mallory's POV

I look out at the dark water and the moon it was a warm, beautiful night it was quiet on the deck it had been a few hours since the end of the movie. I look over at Nick when he stands next to me and wraps his arms around my waist then kisses my head I wrap my arms around his neck then lay my head on his chest he pulls away ad I look at him he takes a deep breath then looks at me. "I love you and Landon very much, you've brought happiness and joy back to my life. You've been terrific to Adam I want to know where we go from here? We belong together are you ready for what comes next?" I was ready I wanted to be with Nick I loved him and Adam I wanted our life together I nod then kiss him. "I'm ready."

TWO WEEKS LATER

Nick's POV

I walk out of the house and see Mallory out in the yard playing with Landon and Adam I smile as they run around. We needed a puppy I knew the boys would love it plus I wanted one too the yard was huge a puppy would have more than enough room. I just needed to pick a puppy that would fit our family. I walk over to Mal then wrap my arms around her waist then kiss her "I'll be back later I have to go get a few things." She nods "see you later." I kiss her again then get in my car and leave. Time to get the next member of the Carter family.

Mallory's POV

When I hear a car pull up outside I pick up Adam as Landon runs outside he runs over to Nick as he goes to the back of his car and opens the door. "A PUPPY!!!" Landon starts running around the small black ball of fur and Nick walks over then takes Adam I'm a little concerned since Adam was one and Landon was going to turn five soon Landon runs over and I pick up the puppy. He was cute I start to fall in love with him Adam reaches over and touches the puppy and it licks his small hands I smile at the gentle moment. I put him down then Landon looks at him "come on buddy!!!" they run out in the yard with Nick and Adam following them the two of them to play in the grass.

 I put him down then Landon looks at him "come on buddy!!!" they run out in the yard with Nick and Adam following them the two of them to play in the grass

Brian's POV

My phone rings and I see Nick's name on the screen I hadn't talked to him since the cruise so I wondered what was going on. "Hey Nick what's up?" I hear him take a deep breath "I've been doing a lot of thinking lately since the cruise ended I think I'm ready to propose to Mal I'm just not sure when the right time would be to ask her." I was surprised. It took him awhile to build up to this with Amanda but he loved Mal and he wanted to do this I was happy for him they were a good couple and she was good with Adam. "If this is what you really want ask her we all think she's great don't let her get away. Amanda wants you to be happy if you're afraid pray about it. Let God take your fears away." "Thanks Brian I'll do it." He hangs up and I'm glad Nick gets to do this and have a second chance to spend the rest of his life with the person he loves.