Chapter 17

Kevin's POV

During the next few days it's all we can do to get Nick and Mal to eat she was taking this as hard as he was she loved Adam as much as he loved her owned son. We were all here for Nick he was our little brother we were hurting too he was upset and tense about this situation he had every right to be we were taking him snapping when we asked him if he needed anything. The one thing that was keeping him calm was Mal she never left his side, she talked to him, prayed with him, prayed for him she let him sleep on her and wouldn't move again until he woke up a few hours later. She was going to help Nick get through this

Nick's POV

It was the fourth morning of Adam being in the hospital and I was beginning to lose hope. Mal reaches over then hold my hand I give her a small smile then give her hands a squeeze the door opens then the doctor walks over to the two of us. "Mr. and Mrs. Carter your son is going to be fine his fever broke last night, he's improving rapidly we've taken him off the machines." Joy washes through me Adam was getting better. I hug Mal then wrap my arms around her waist then she hugs back the two of us hug the doctor then I look up "Thank you god." I think about what the doctor said about Mal. He called her Mrs. Carter and called Adam our baby I knew it was a misunderstanding by the doctor but I really like the sound of it and I wouldn't mind her being Mrs. Carter. I loved her, she loved me and Adam the last four days proved it she had been every moment she never left us I couldn't thank her enough for the last four days. The doctor walks off and once he's out of sight I grab Mal by the waist then kiss her she kisses back then wraps her arms around my neck I pull away and wonder if maybe Amanda had sent Mal to me for a reason.

Mallory's POV

Reliefs washes through me after the doctor tells Nick and I the good news about Adam I was incredibly happy and thankful for the news. When Nick pulls away from the kiss he wipes the tears off my face I look at him and he's smiling "thank you for being here with me the last few days I can't thank you enough." I wrap my arms around him then hug him. I look at him "Never give up always have faith Nick." He takes my hand then we see Adam he walks in and walks over to him then picks up Adam and kisses him. "Hey little guy it's not nice to scare daddy like that." I walk over and the two of them look at me. Nick looks at Adam "Look there's mommy." I smile then take him I loved hearing that. I loved Adam just as much as I loved my own son Landon being his mom would make me happy.