Chapter 28

Howie's POV

After hearing, someone repeatedly knock on the door I sigh as I walk over to the door open it and I'm surprised to see Nick standing there. "Hey Nick what's up?" "I wanted to come by and talk to you and Leigh about something." I hold the door open and he walks in the house he takes a deep breath then looks at me. "Could you watch Landon and Adam for me and Mal tonight?" We didn't have anything planned plus James loved playing with Landon they were great friends "sure we would love to is it date night for you and Mal?" "I'm proposing today so we will be celebrating tonight if she says yes." I didn't see that coming I was surprised but happy for him "good luck." He smiles "Thanks Howie." I nod then he leaves.

Nick's POV

After I leave Howie's I drive out to the jewelry store to pick up the ring it had turned out the way I wanted it I knew Mal would love it the money I spent on it was worth it I leave the store and drive home. I get out and walk in the yard where Mal is sitting by the pool I smile then walk over and she looks up at me "have a good visit with Howie?" "Good." I turn then look at her "I love you I can't picture my life without you and Landon I believe that I was meant to find you after losing Amanda because I'm happier than ever and I was able to fall in love again. Will you marry me?"

 Will you marry me?"

Mallory's POV

I'm shocked I wasn't expecting this to happen today I thought he would come up with some huge elaborate plan for his proposal. This was the perfect time and way for him to propose at our house I loved it "yes." He slides the ring on my finger then kisses me I kiss back and wrap my arms around his neck I pull away then look down at my ring it was beautiful I had never seen anything like it. I pull it off then see our initials engraved on the back I couldn't believe that I was engaged.

A FEW DAYS LATER

Nick's POV

To celebrate our engagement, we invite the guys and their families to our house for a party while the adults talk and I watch the grill the kids go swimming. Everyone eats and spends time together after the burgers and hot dogs are gone Mal brings out a cake that she baked we eat dessert then I stand up. "So, you're probably wanting to know why I invited all of you down here for a party," I hold Mal's hand while she's standing next to me. "We're engaged!!!!" the guys cheer and congratulate me while the girls start looking at Mallory's ring. The guys hug her and I start watching all of them she was going to fit in this family with no problem at all.

Mallory's POV

After the cleanup from the cookout I give Adam his bath then we go to the nursery I sit in the rocking chair then rock with him until he falls asleep. Landon was next his bed time was at nine he gets his bath then Nick reads him a story until he falls asleep, I take a shower change into pajamas then lay in the bed. Nick walks in then lays next to me he reaches over then holds my hand I look at him and sigh "we have a lot to get done we will need to start working on the wedding soon." He looks at me with a smile on my face. "Whatever you decide I'll be happy." I wasn't sure about his answer and I wondered how much he would help with the planning.