Chapter 31

Nick's POV

After leaving Adam and Landon with Aaron Mal and I leave to go to our cake tasting I was really excited about this all we were doing is eating cake. We reach the bakery and get shown to the back where a table is lined with samples we walk over to the table then start tasting the first sample was lemon Mal hated lemon. The second sample was marble which wasn't so bad, the third was funfetti we both really liked it but decided that it would be better for one of the boy's birthdays. Chocolate chip and red velvet are next but we don't like either one of those the last two flavors we try are German Chocolate which isn't our favorite then we try chocolate. Mal loved it I thought it was great plus it would be perfect at the beach wedding.

Mallory's POV

Nick after a cake tasting is pretty much like a little kid who has had too much candy he was on a major sugar high. We get back home and he starts running around playing with Adam and Landon I walk over then sit next to Aaron on the porch he looks over at me "Cake tasting go well?" I roll my eyes then nod and he starts laughing. I look at the three of them playing in the yard "It's like I'm going to marry a big kid." "You are, Nick has always been like that but he's a good guy he loves kids and I know that you're good for him I didn't think he would ever move on once Amanda died he's really happy with you and your sons." Aaron was happy about our relationship. I was glad that he was okay with me and Nick being together I liked Aaron he was a good person and I could tell he cared about his family.

Nick's POV

When Landon and Adam are napping Aaron volunteers to watch them I reach over and hold Mallory's hand while we are walking through the neighborhood. She looks up at me "I think our wedding is really coming together." I agreed most of the planning was done we had everything picked out now we were working on the guest list. "I can't wait for the wedding so we can see how everything works out." She stops then looks up at me and wraps her arms around my neck "I love you." I smile then wrap her arms around my neck "I love you." I smile then wrap my arms around her waist. "I love you too." I knew this was my second chance Mallory was the one for me I would always care for Amanda but I wanted to spend my life with Mal.

A FEW WEEKS LATER

Rochelle's POV

I open the thick envelop then look down at the gold printed letters it was an invitation to Nick and Mallory's wedding I smile as I read it. I was so excited for the two of them I knew they could make it she had been great for Nick it was good he found someone like Mal to help fall in love again I put the invitation down then call Mal. "Hello?" "Hi Mal it's Ro AJ and I got out invitation today would like for me to do your hair and makeup for the wedding?" she's silent for a few minutes then she answers. "I'd love that thank you that's so nice of you." "I want to you're going to be part of the Backstreet family." I couldn't wait for the wedding I was looking forward to helping her.