Chapter 4

Kevin's POV

I walk outside then sit down pull out my phone then call to Nick to check on him and see how things are going for him and Adam I knew this couldn't be easy on him. He answers a few minutes later "Hey Kev." "How Nick how are things going?" "Everything is fine I think I've got this under control I don't feel like I'm drowning. I have a friend that's really helping me out with Adam a lot." I was glad that Nick was starting to figure things out he almost sounded like his normal self. We had pushed everything back after Amanda died so Nick still had plenty of time to adjust and move on I wanted him to be happy Nick deserved to find happiness so I was hoping that maybe when the time was right Nick would find someone else.

Brian's POV

We were all worried about how Nick was doing but at the same time we didn't want to call and bug him all the time either. Nick was my best friends he was like my little brother we were all hurting with him and for him Amanda meant the world to him he loved her and they were supposed to be married this fall. I didn't want him to be alone so hopefully he would pick up the pieces and find a girl who could show him to love again. I knew that he was having to adjust to being a single dad so I would give him a little more time before I decided to fly out and visit him but if Nick needed a friend I would be there for him.

Mallory's POV

I keep my promise and do what Nick said I take Landon over to his house so he can play I stop my car in Nick's driveway then get out and get Landon out of his car seat in the back. I knock on the door and Nick opens it with a smile on his face "Hey Mal." "Hi Nick." He looks down at Landon standing next to me "Hi there little guy aren't you cute your uncle Nick got you a present." He pulls a toy golf set from behind the door then hands it to Landon. "Will you play with me?" Nick looks at me "do you mind?" "Not at all you play and I will watch Adam." Nick runs out then starts playing and I pick Adam up from his playpen. I look out the door at Landon and Nick they were laughing and smiling could this become my life and future?

Nick's POV

I show Landon how to hit the small ball into the plastic hole and we both get excited when he makes it on the first try we were both having a lot of fun. I was glad that I had met Mal I had needed a friend who understood my situation she had been a huge help already I turn around then see Mal sitting on my porch with Adam she looked natural with him in her arms. It was great that our boys got something out of this Adam got attention and the chance to be held, Mal's son Landon go the chance to play with someone and have boy time it was good for them to have a play date like this. Maybe if things worked out for the best Mal and I could have our own date sometime soon.

Mallory's POV

I watch Nick and Landon play with his toy golf set I look down when Adam starts cooing and I smile to myself. This was nice to have a friend that was going through the same thing I was it was good for Landon to have a male figure in his life someone to teach him how to play ball and things like that, Nick was a nice guy I liked him it had been awhile since I had feelings like this and even longer since I thought about going on a date. Maybe Nick and I could go out sometime I think about it and like the idea of dating him.