Chapter 20

Nick's POV

It was our first night in the new house Adam and Landon were both in their beds for the night. Mal and I were in bed and she was already sleeping the last few days had been long and exhausting we had both been working hard getting the new house ready I knew that the four of us would be happy here. I turn off the light get in bed and wrap my arms around her then pull her close to me this was nice this what I wanted, to be with Mal this was great life was perfect. She lays her head on my chest I smile then kiss her head and fall asleep with her in my arms.

Mallory's POV

Mallory's POV

I let out a sigh then wake up and look around the room I was happy to be home I couldn't wait to see what happened with this life with Nick. This was our home now it felt good to wake up next to him I hear the door open and small feet crossing the floor and a few seconds later I'm eye level with Landon he crawls in the bed and I wrap my arms around him. "Good morning baby." "Morning Momma." I run my fingers through his hair "how did you sleep?" "Good." He yawns then I smile and look down at him. Landon wraps his arms around my neck "Can daddy play with me?" "After breakfast okay?" he nods then leaves the room I was happy that Landon had adjusted to Nick and the house so quickly.

Howie's POV

The next evening Nick and Mal bring Landon and Adam to mine and Leigh's house so the two of them could go out on a date. They walk in the house Mal talks with Leigh for a while and I watch her with Adam the two of them had really adapted to each other he would never know any other mother but Mal Nick was lucky to have someone like Mal. They stay for a while then leave for their date I start playing outside with Landon, Holden and James while Leigh takes care of Adam hard to believe that a year would be coming up since he was born which also meant a year since Amanda died. It would get easier but the first year would be the hardest.

Mallory's POV

The date starts off with dinner at a chines restaurant I hate Chinese food but I was really trying to be optimistic about the rest of the night. I sit and pick at the food to make it look like I'm eating so it wouldn't be a waste of his money, when he's finished eating he looks around "Amanda loved Chinese food." I nod then we walk out of the restaurant. After dinner, the night continues to get worse the next place we go to is a jazz band performance I wasn't a jazz fan I sigh and try to enjoy myself but this had been the worse date ever. He looks at me "Amanda loved jazz she would listen to it for hours." So, glad that Nick was still dating Amanda when I thought we were together.