Chapter 21

Nick's POV

I had enjoyed this week I thought everything was going great we had been to Chinese and Japanese restaurants, jazz performances, poetry readings and other things. I walk in the kitchen and see Mal sitting at the counter eating a bowl of cereal I walk over and sit down next to her "I was thinking we could go to a folk festival this weekend Amanda went every year." She stands up and throws her chair back. 'I'M NOT AMANDA NICK!!!! I WILL NEVER BE HER THIS WHOLE WEEK HAS BEEN TERRIBLE!!!!" I was shocked I couldn't believe that I had been doing that. I look at her "I'm sorry I didn't mean any of that." Letting go and start over had been harder than I thought. She walks out of the room I stand there then finally start letting it all out I throw the chair then start kicking things. "WHY!! WHY DID SHE HAVE TO LEAVE I LOVED HER WE WERE SUPPOSED TO BE TOGETHER!!!"

Mallory's POV

I look up when Nick walks outside and sits on the porch he takes a deep breath then breaks the silence between us. "I'm so sorry I don't want you to be Amanda I fell for Amanda because she wasn't someone else I've fallen in love with you because you aren't someone else plus I know that you love me and my son plus you're you I think that you are amazing you're not someone else, I really didn't mean to say that I haven't realized that I had been holding a lot of my emotions in they just came out will you forgive me?" I look at him and take a deep breath. "I forgive you I know it's hard and I'm sorry but I'm there for you and Adam I love both of you." He smiles then kisses my head and I hope that things would be okay again.

Nick's POV

A few days pass since mine and Mal's talk about Amanda and I can tell that we were going to be okay again she was amazing and I couldn't do this without her. We were all sitting outside Mal was playing with Landon and I was sitting in the grass with Adam he looks at Mal as she catches a ball Landon throws "Momma." She stops then looks at me. I was surprised and excited it was his first actual word this was a huge moment for us. I pull out my phone then turn it toward Adam "Who is that huh? Who is she?" She walks over to him and he smiles when she reaches him. "Momma." She smiles then picks him up and kisses his head he lays his head on her shoulder this couldn't get any better.

Mallory's POV

I change into one of Nick's shirts then walk in the bedroom and get in bed today had been a good day. I loved that Adam was calling me momma he was just as important to me as Landon I couldn't picture being without him and Nick. I want Adam to know all about Amanda as he gets older I wanted him to know that I would never try to take her place she was his mother and I understand that. I yawn then roll over and lay my head on Nick's chest he wraps his arms around me then falls asleep a few seconds later I smile then go to sleep in a house with my family.