Chapter 6

Nick's POV

I take a deep breath as the door opens I look at Mallory and feel my heart beat accelerate she was in a simple white dress I run my eyes over her then meet her eyes. She looked beautiful she smiles "Hey Nick." "Hi Mal." We walk out to my car and I hold the door open for her she looks at me "thank you." "You're welcome." She gets in then I walk around to the other side of the car and get in I start it then we pull out of her driveway. I look at her "how are you?" "I'm good you." "Good." The small talk continues for a bite then we begin to talk about each other. "Tell me about little man's dad what was he like?" She takes a deep breath then looks at me "He had his good moments but he didn't want to be a dad he decided to leave when I was a few months pregnant with Landon." I nod but don't say anything I didn't like the guy. He was man enough to get her pregnant but not man enough to stay with her and be a father to their son.

Mallory's POV

Nick and I go to a nice restaurant for dinner we sit and talk he asked questions about me and listened when I answered it was nice to have adult conversation. I ask him about his life, what it's like to be in a boy band, what the other guys were like we even talk about his fiancé Amanda and he doesn't mind talking about her during dessert a small band starts playing and a few couples get up then start dancing. Nick stands up then holds his hand out I take his hand then we walk out on the dance floor he wraps his arms around my waist I wrap my arms around his neck then we start dancing. It felt nice in Nick's arms it felt good to be close to him, feeling his warm breath against my neck gave me goosebumps this felt good and I could get used to this.

Nick's POV

I drop Mal off at her house then think to myself I had a great time with her it felt nice to forget everything for a while. It was great to be alone with Mal and just talk and focus on us for a while she felt good in my arms while were dancing I didn't want to let her go tonight had been amazing I think I was ready for this. She unlocks her door then opens it and she looks up at me "I had a good time with you tonight Nick it was fun." "I had a great time with you too I'd like to do this again sometime." She smiles. "How about next week I'll cook dinner?" "Sounds great." I step forward then kiss her and wrap my arms around her waist she kisses back. "Goodnight Nick." "Night Mal." I was falling for her.

Mallory's POV

I walk inside and turn on the lights Landon was staying with my best friend for the night he loved spending time with her she loved to spoil him not that I was complaining about having a night to myself. I felt like a teenager again I had a great time with Nick tonight he was the perfect gentleman I hadn't met a guy like him in a long time I was falling for him harder the more we spent time together. Nick treated me like a queen I thought it was a little too much but Nick insisted on it I hoped things ended up working out between us he was a good guy he knew how to treat a girl right maybe he could be the right guy for me.

AJ'S POV

We all decide to visit Nick for about a week Howie and Brian fly up to join us after they come in we go to Nick's house. Brian knocks on the door then Nick opens it a few minutes later he looks at us and smiles "Hey guys what are you doing here?" Kevin looks at him "We're here to visit you and Adam we just wanted to see how things were going with the two of you." Nick goes quiet then he sends a glance over his shoulder to something that's inside the house. I wonder what that was about her turns then looks back at us "Sure guys come on in it's going to be fun to have all you guys around again." He steps out of the way then we all walk inside and Nick shuts the door behind us.