Chapter 39

Mallory's POV

I had missed the boys and I couldn't wait to see then again after our week apart but I wished Nick and I had a few more days here in Paris. We had a wonderful honeymoon Paris was an absolute dream hopefully we would all get to come back again one day I take a deep breath then sigh as I lay my head against Nick's shoulder. There was one thing that I was nervous about and that was starting the everyday life of being a wife I wanted this marriage to work out I didn't want to disappoint Nick he leans over then kisses my head. This was it the beginning of our life together I was ready to begin this part of my life.

Nick's POV

I stop my car outside of Howie's house Mal and I get out of the car the door to the house opens and Landon runs out first I smile then pick him up he hugs me and wraps his arms around my neck. "I missed you daddy." I hug him "I missed you too buddy did you have fun with Uncle Howie?" He nods and starts telling me about their trip to the beach. I look at Mal who's holding Adam in her arms he was happy to see her I knew she was happy to be back with him he kisses her cheek. "I love you momma." She taps his nose "I love you too." We walk inside to visit with Leigh and Howie for a while before we head home.

Howie's POV

"How was the honeymoon?" Nick looks over at me "Paris was great Mal really liked it there, we explored the city, visited Notre Dame went to a vineyard and walk through lavender fields." I give a look that's not what I was asking about I sigh then give him a shove "You know what I mean." He laughs "That part of the honeymoon was great mornings, afternoons at night pretty much multiple times a day" that's what I was asking about I nod then look over at him. "Sounds like you were busy think you might have another little Carter soon?" he shrugs his shoulders "maybe we will I guess we will have to see what happens." I could tell he was still a little scared about Mal getting pregnant because Amanda died having Adam I didn't think Nick would go through that twice he seemed okay with it before maybe he just needed a little more time.

Leigh's POV

I look over at Mal while we sit in the kitchen talking about her's and Nick's honeymoon I give her a small smile. "How was the honeymoon?" She looks at Nick in the living room then looks back at me "It was amazing I loved it there I hope we get to go back one day with the boys." She was an amazing mother I was happy for Nick Adam would be taken care of and loved he couldn't ask for more than that. "How do you like being Mrs. Carter?" She bites her lip "I love Nick he's a great guy I'm ready for us to have a life together but I know it won't always be easy but I want this to work." We all felt that way when we first got married. She would adjust like we all did it wasn't bad even with a few moments here and there.