42 • home sweet home

// margot kate franklin //

@margotkatefranklin: thank you so so much Toronto and everyone else who came out these past couple weeks. you guys are healing me more than any hospital can :) love you❤️

• • •
one week later...

"Shawn!"

I dropped my bags and ran into his arms, laughing as he did too. "Miss me?" he asked, grinning, and I kissed him. Even better than I remembered.

"Is it obvious?" I replied with a smile.

"Yes," he said, kissing me again. "But I like it."

"Well, I'm finally free. And it's only midnight," I told him, causing him to laugh.

"Only?" he asked with a smile.

"I'm kind of exhausted anyways," I said. "I just want to sleep."

"I'm glad the fame hasn't changed you, Margot Kate," he told me, and I smiled.

"Never," I replied. "But really, let's get out of here."

"You don't have to tell me twice," he said, picking my bags off of the ground.

"If I didn't have a cast on my wrist, I would totally not let you carry that," I told him with a smile.

"And I wouldn't care," he replied, looking back at me. "Oh, I forgot to tell you that you were amazing out there tonight. Ridiculously amazing."

I blushed, thankful that it was dark out so he couldn't notice. "Thank you. And thanks for coming."

"I wouldn't miss it for the world," he told me, and I smiled.

"Here," he said, tossing car keys at me.

"I hope you're not asking me to drive," I replied, raising my eyebrow.

"I'm just asking you to start it, so I can put your stuff in the back. Chill," he said with a grin.

"Right," I said, getting in the passengers side and putting the keys in the ignition.

Soon enough we were on our way. It was relaxing, driving in the middle of the night. It was quiet and calm and beautiful, and I felt as if I could just stay like this for hours.

But I was crazy tired. I don't think I've gotten enough sleep since I got out of the hospital. I tried to stay as awake as I could.

"Why don't you just close your eyes for a while? We have a bit of a drive anyways," Shawn said, but I shook my head.

"No, I'm not going to fall asleep on you," I told him, sitting up straighter.

"I don't mind. I know you're tired," he said.

"I'm fine, really. I just want to spend some time with you." I replied. "Is that ok?"

He laughed and nodded. "That is perfectly ok."

I turned up the radio, and Photograph by Ed Sheeran was playing. "Hey," he said, looking at me. "This song reminds me of you."