You, Me And Handcuffs

Chapter 2

A couple of weeks later Emma attended the court date and was let off due to there being no hard evidence she was involved in any of Neal's crimes. So she was celebrating in her favourite bar, by herself and that was just the way she liked it until she was interrupted by a tap on her shoulder.

"Want some company?"

She turned and was faced with the cop who arrested her, she gave him a weird look "you want to sit here? With me? Is that allowed?"

Killian laughed "I'm off duty" he takes a seat beside her "anyway I could use a drink" he ushers the barman over and orders a glass of rum.

"So officer why did you decide to join me?" Emma asks.

"Please call me Killian and you looked lonely.." he looks at her and it's only now she realising how blue his eyes are, Emma couldn't deny he was attractive but his eyes stood out the most.

She clears her throat "well I happen to like being alone but I'm celebrating so I guess you can join in"

"Celebrating your freedom huh?" Killian takes a sip of his drink.

Emma nods and takes a swig of her wine then looks over at him "so, you had a hard day?"

Killian nods "we're trying to get as much information on Neal as possible but they all turn out to be dead ends" he pauses for a moment "you don't happen to have any do you?"

"Well.. no but I'm good at finding people, I could help out" Emma replies.

"The only way that could happen is if you worked for us.."

"Good thing I do then" Emma said sipping on her drink.

Killian nearly choked on his rum and snapped his head up to look at her "what?"

"Well when I was leaving the station I got talking to someone behind the desk about the stuff I did against Neal and he suggested I take a interview to be a bail bonds person and they decided to take me on" she smiles at him "so I guess we'll be seeing a lot more of each other"

Killian smiles slightly "yeah... I guess we will"

"So what's it like, being a cop?" Emma asked.

Killian quirked an eyebrow "it's interesting but it can be dangerous depending on who you're after"

Emma sipped her drink "You ever been shot?"

Killian shook his head "I've had close calls but no I haven't been shot... yet"

"Yet? Are you expecting it?"

Killian shrugged "well you never know, we deal with some pretty nasty people"

"Hey!" She nudged him with her shoulder.

"I-I didn't mean you"

"It's alright, I was kidding" Emma smiles at him and places a hand on his arm, looking up into his eyes as he stares at her "damn" she whispers.

"What?"

"I said that out loud didn't I?" Emma feels her cheeks start to burn.

Killian chuckles "yes you did and now you're blushing"

Emma turns away from him "oh god that's so embarrassing but you do have pretty eyes"

"Thank you, so do you" Killian smiles to himself and checks the time "I should be heading home"

"Me too, my first day tomorrow and I don't wanna be late!" Emma stands up from the bar stool "it was nice chatting with you"

"The feeling is mutual, see you tomorrow Emma" Killian gives her one last smile before turning and heading out of the bar.

Emma smiles to herself but shakes her head "no Emma, he's your colleague now" she says to herself as she walks out to her car, she can't possibly have a crush on this guy can she?