Anniversary

(Now it was captainswan's four year.. kinda.. anniversary a few weeks back so I decided to write a little something to celebrate the occasion!)

7:05am the clock read as Emma turned to look at it, she turned back and watched Killian's chest rise and fall peacefully as he slept. She wondered if he knew what today was, today marked their four year anniversary... four years since their kiss in Neverland and since Emma had begun to develop feelings towards him and obviously at the time those feelings were certainly mutual.

She lie there thinking about everything they've been through when Killian's arm wrapped around her and snapped her out of it.

"Good morning love" he said, his accent thicker than usual which sent shivers down Emma's spine.

She turned to him "good morning, what's the deal? You're usually up at the crack of dawn" she said bringing her hand to his hair and moving it from his face.

Killian chuckled slightly "seems last nights activities wore me out" he said lifting a eyebrow at Emma.

She smiled and blushed slightly "I should hope so too" she winked at him and shuffled a bit closer so she could bury herself against his warm chest. They fell asleep like that for a couple more hours till they were woken once again by Emma's phone ringing, she groaned and turned over to answer it.

After a minute she hung up "that was dad I'm needed at the station" she said as she stood up from the bed.

Killian swiftly moved over to her side, wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her back onto the bed, she squeaked slightly.

"Kill-mmmh" before she could speak he was on top of her, his mouth finding hers.

He lazily moved his lips against Emma's until they had to break apart for air, she looked up at him her pupils blown wide with passion "not that I'm complaining but what was that for?" She asked.

Killian tilted his head slightly "I love you" he answered smiling at her.

Emma hummed and ran one of her hands through his hair "I love you too" she said as she pecked his lips and rolled out from under him to get dressed.

It had been a few hours since Emma left for work and Killian had recruited Henry to help him out with the anniversary surprise he was planning for her. They started by hanging fairy lights all around the back yard, in the trees, around the fences even on the roof somehow they then proceeded to cover the porch in pink rose petals much like the middle mist flowers from Camelot that Emma loved so much and finally they ordered food to be delivered from grannies because last time Killian tried to cook he almost burnt the house down.

"What do you think lad? Do you think your mother will be surprised?" Killian asked patting Henry on the shoulder.

"She better be, we worked damn hard today!" Henry said.

Killian lifted a eyebrow at him and Henry looked at Killian sheepishly "don't worry I won't tell your mother you're starting to get a sailors mouth or we'd both be in trouble" Killian winked.

It was nearing 7pm and Emma was sat at her desk doing some paper work when she heard a knock at her door.

"Hey dad im just finishing up some paper work, you heading home?" She asked her father who perched on the edge of her desk obviously sensing she was pissed off.

"Don't worry about that Emma you should get home!" He told her.

Emma placed her pen on top of the papers and huffed "you know Killian didn't even say happy anniversary to me this morning... it's been four years you'd think he'd remember"

David smiled "would you just go home please" he said once again.

Emma narrowed her eyes at him as he handed her, her jacket and guided her to the door "what's going on?" She asked but didn't get a answer.

"Goodnight Emma" said her dad as he kissed her on the cheek and closed the station door behind her.

Emma strolled down Main Street and towards her house, she reached the gate and saw that it was covered in small fairy lights.

"What the hell?" Emma said to herself.

She reached the front door and picked up a small package with a note attached to the top which read:
My dearest swan,
Inside this package you will find your attire for this evening, once you are ready please meet me on the porch in the backyard.
From your true love x
Emma entered the house and ran upstairs to get ready.

Killian had heard the front door shut so he knew Emma was home, after a few moments he heard the door to the porch open and there stood Emma in the beautiful red dress he had got her, her hair styled into a long braid and she was wearing heels that could probably kill a man.

Emma stood there mouth agape at the sight before her, the whole back yard looked like something out of a fairy tale, then her eyes fell to Killian who was wearing a suit and she was pretty sure she fell in love with him just a little bit more.

Killian cleared his throat "so... what do you think? Are you surprised?" He asked grinning at her.

Emma blinked back tears and she pulled Killian into a tight hug "I thought you'd forgotten" she said as she pulled back.

Killian looked at her fairly concerned "what made you think I'd forgotten?" He asked.

Emma looked at him "well you didn't wish me happy anniversary this morning... I know it's a stupid little thing but don't worry about it" she said.

Killian moved closer to her "how about I say it now?... Happy *kiss* anni *kiss* versary *kiss* better?" He asked.

Emma blushed slightly and nodded "can we eat? I'm starving" she asked.

"But of course.. after you milady" Killian said pulling out a chair for her and presenting her with grannies lasagne.

After they had eaten Killian grabbed two blankets, one to place on the ground and one to wrap around them both as they looked up at the stars. Killian pulled Emma close and started pointing out several constellations and in that moment Emma swan had never been happier, she cut Killian off by grabbing his face in her hands and kissing him senseless.

"Boring you was I swan?" Killian said jokingly.

Emma playfully swatted his shoulder "of course not, im just... so happy with you" she said stroking his face.

"And I with you" he said smiling at her.

They stayed outside for a while, exchanging sweet kisses and watching the stars above them, finally happy.