Birthday

Just a cute birthday oneshot! (POV's will change throughout because that's how I write)

Emma wasn't used to celebrating her birthday, having grown up in the foster system she didn't really get much of a chance to celebrate it. She was lying in bed thinking back to her 28th birthday, alone and miserable until she blew out that candle and made a wish that ultimately changed her life forever. While drifting in and out of daydreaming she could hear clattering and cursing from downstairs, she smiled, Killian wasn't much of a master in the kitchen especially with one hand and a hook to deal with.

She decided she should probably get up and help him with whatever he was doing down there. She pushed back the bed cover, swung her legs over and went to put on her soft dressing gown. As she was walking down the stairs the clattering had stopped but the cursing was getting worse.
"Pirate" she whispered to herself as she shook her head and smiled.
She walked into the kitchen to find Killian with only his pyjama bottoms on, his hair a mess as well as the kitchen and him trying to break some eggs into what looked like pancake batter.
"Killian what the hell are you doing?" She asked trying to hold back laughter.
"Emma! You're awake, I uh was trying to make you breakfast but it seems to be quite a challenge" Killian said while nervously scratching behind his ear.
She made her way over and wrapped her arms around his waist and pulled him into a hug.
"Well that's very sweet of you, even if you did make a mess of my kitchen" she said with a grin as she looked up at him.
"Happy birthday love" he said as he pecked her cheek sweetly.
"Seriously? I think I deserve a bit more than that don't you? It is my birthday after all!" Emma said batting her eyelashes at him.
He smirked at her, pulled her against him and captured her lips with his, he slid his tongue over her bottom lip and she quickly allowed entrance.

After a few minutes he pulled away and Emma groaned at the loss of his lips on hers.
"Don't worry love we can continue later but first I need to give you your present" he said as he ran upstairs. Emma leaned against the kitchen surface still slightly dazed by the kiss, she could hear Killian shuffling around upstairs, she became curious as to what he had got her.
He finally found her gift and made his way back downstairs to find Emma sat at the table drinking her coffee.
"Here you go love, I know it doesn't seem like much-" he looked down at her as he placed a small, surprisingly neatly wrapped box in front of her.
"Hey it's ok, I wasn't expecting anything at all so it means the world that you brought me something." She said as she placed her hand over his.
Emma delicately unwrapped the paper and opened the small box, inside was a small heart shaped locket with a picture of her and Henry inside, she was trying so hard not to cry, Killian picked the necklace up and fastened it around Emma's neck.
"There we go, perfect just like you" he said as he lightly kissed her temple, sat down beside her and intertwined his fingers with hers.
"I'm hardly perfect..." She said with a faint smile.
"Well you are to me and don't argue with me because I will sit here all day and argue back" Killian said squeezing her hand slightly.
As much as she wanted to argue back to him Emma just accepted it because she knew he wouldn't shut up if she did argue.
"We better get ready and go to grannies, everyone will be waiting for us" Killian said as he stood up and brought Emma with him.

The rest of the day was a complete blur for Emma, she wasn't used to being spoiled so much in one day but she was so grateful and would say this had been one one the best birthdays she's ever had surrounded by people she loved and she wouldn't give it up for the world.