1 - Mirrors

Mirrors

(A/N: Inspired by: The song Mirrors by JT and the mirror in Harry Potter)

Dean and Sam had been living in the bunker for almost a year now and they still hadn't been in every room. They were always rushing off to a case or preventing angels from destroying the world and this meant that they seldom had time to themselves anymore.

Dean opened a door he had never seen before because the brothers had decided that they had no pressing issues to address so they deserved a day off. Dean slowly let the iron door creak open and patted the wall for a light switch which he flicked on when he found it. The room was empty if you didn't count the mirrors which covered every inch of the walls like a ballet studio. Dean walked to the middle of the room letting the door close behind him, which he regretted as it also had a mirror on it meaning that once he took his eyes off of it he didn't know which reflective panel was the door and which ones were the wall.

Dean found he wasn't alone in the mirrors though. He looked around and saw that there was no one else in the bright room yet the mirrors showed Cas stood next to him smiling at the mirror-Dean, but not that creepy forced smile, it was a rare smile Cas saved for Dean.

When Dean blinked though he opened his eyes to a different scene. Cas was in the mirror but Dean wasn't. Somehow Dean felt as if the mirror was showing him what he wanted to see as Cas called his name and stepped forward. He felt as if he was watching a 3D film which was reading his thoughts. Dean stepped forward toward the mirror-Cas and pressed his hand on the mirror, an action which was mirrored by mirror-Cas.

“Cas.” Dean breathed. It wasn't real though because all he could feel was the chilled, untouched glass beneath the pads of his fingertips.

Dean squeezed his eyes shut, taking a couple of steps back and then opening his eyes again. Mirror-Cas was standing next to mirror-Dean and they were holding hands. Dean could feel the warmth of Cas' hand in his own this time and wondered if the mirror was messing with his head. What if the longer he was in here the more insane he went until he got trapped in the mirror? Dean shook his head, causing his eyes to close but the scene didn't change. Mirror-Cas leaned across, keeping eye contact with mirror-Dean, and gave him a kiss on the cheek. Dean feel the soft contact of his chapped lips on his cheek.

He turned around and almost jumped when he saw Castiel stood there. His blue eyes glimmered as they connected with Dean's green eyes.

“I didn't know you were actually in here. How long have you been here?” Cas smiled warmly,

“You thought the mirrors were playing a trick on you Dean, when in fact they only show you what you most desire and it showed you what was right in front of you because while you think that you hate your life, its actually everything that you want.” Dean smirked at Cas, cupping his angels cheek in his hand affectionately and gave one last glance at the magical mirrors before leading Cas out of there promising himself that he would never return.