30 - Vessel

Vessel

(A/N: HERE WE ARE AT THE BIG 3-0. THIS IS SO EXCITING. I'M LIKE A FANFICTION MACHINE! This is different from anything I've written before. Hint: It's not homosexual.)

“You once told me to never change and here I am more changed than an angel can get. I'm sorry, Dean.” The hunter gawked at what he thought was Castiel, and yet he was not sure if he should call the angel a he or she.

“Cas, what happened?” Dean stuttered, utterly shocked.

“My grace died and so I had to...change my vessel. I hope you're okay with that.” Dean opened and closed his mouth a couple of times, not entirely sure what an appropriate reaction should be. “Dean?”

“It's just a bit of a shock. I'm totally cool with it though. I mean look at you!” Dean took note of the practical suit similar to the one Castiel had worn on his last vessel with his trade mark trench coat over top, the long dark brown hair that fell in waves past his trench coated shoulders, and most hilariously on his feet were a pair of pink sneakers.

“I picked a vessel that looked as much like my old vessel as possible. It's a female vessel though which is a bit inconvenient.” Dean almost laughed.

“I wouldn't quite say inconvenient, Cas. I mean, wow you look...great.” Castiel blushed, or his vessel did. The old Castiel never blushed, Dean liked the colour on his...her cheeks. “Cas, you're beautiful.” Castiel blushed even harder if that was possible.

“Well,” she cleared her throat awkwardly, “You would never have returned my love for you if I was still male so the female vessel is a little bit convenient.” Castiel confessed causing Dean's eyes to widened.

“How long has this being going on for? And why didn't you tell me?” Cas shuffled awkwardly but didn't answer, “You know what, it doesn't matter.” Dean insisted as he leaned forward.

(A/N: I'm sorry that I keep ending the one shot as they are about to kiss. If Cas' grace does run out I hope they don't do this because I need Misha Collins in my life. Seriously, I don't know why I haven't spoken about this before but I love Misha Collins so much. He is the most perfect human being ever. There's a post on tumblr that if anyone on earth is an angel in disguise its Misha and I couldn't agree more. I included all my femme!Castiel ideas in here. 1. If Castiel was going to be female he wouldn't wear a skirt suit because women don't wear them anymore and/because they are impractical 2. If destiel was ever going to become canon Castiel would have to have a female vessel. I don't know why I haven't see this theory around before. 3. If Cas' grace runs out he could possibly change vessels which would suck but we have to include it as a possibility. I hope they don't get rid of Misha. He's the light of my life.)