25 - Prophets

Prophets

(A/N: I know, I know, it's been a freaking long time and I'm really really sorry. This is inspired by: Chuck, who is my favourite character and my spirit animal. I think I've given a very valid way to bring him back because he needs to come back. Supernatural writers take note!)

Dean paced in the desolate glaringly white waiting room, too riled up to sit down. Sam tugged on the back of his plaid shirt as he paced by his little brother for the thousandth time.

"Dean, please, sit down, you're making me dizzy!" Sam complained, the older brother looked down at him and scowled.

"Isn't Chuck meant to be dead?" he asked, not sitting down like the stubborn man he was. Sam nodded in answer to the question though. "Kevin is...was a prophet, which we were told meant there couldn't be another prophet. Either we were lied to or there's something not right going on here?" Sam shrugged but perked up when a nurse approached them.

"Dean and Sam Winchester?" they bother nodded, "Chuck is ready to see you now." she gave them a supportive smile before turning and walking back from where she came from, obviously Chuck's room.

The nurse pushed open the door to the typical hospital room, the blinds drawn letting early morning light stream in, there was a large jug of water on the side with a couple of empty plastic cups scattered around the other night stand. Chuck smiled his usual smile when he saw them, he looked slightly wary though.

"Hey guys, I guess they called you then?" Sam nodded hesitantly. Dean wasn't sure if Chuck was alive because he was possessed by a demon or not so as soon as the nurse shut the door behind her he pulled out a flask of holy water and splashed Chuck in the face with it.

"What...?" Chuck started but gave up, knowing better than to question these guys.

"How are you alive?" Dean demanded,

"Was it that bad?" The prophet joked back, not seeing that anything was wrong here apart form being in hospital but then again it wasn't his first time and certainly not his last.

"What happened to you?" Sam asked, sounding worried.

"I was in a car crash. Some idiot rushed me off the road. How long have I been out, the nurse said it was quite a long time?" the brothers exchanged glances before taking a seat on the couch next to the bed.

"It's been 2 years! We thought you were dead." Chuck's eyes widened in uncharacteristic shock.

"2 years?" they both nodded, allowing him to get over the initial surprise."So why is it impossible for me to be alive?"

"Well, long story short: we didn't see you for sometime, and then we found a tablet which was the word of God. When we broke it open a new prophet was made. We were told that two prophets couldn't be alive at the same time. We thought you were dead, and all this time you've been in a coma?" Sam's voice became a bit estranged at the end, knowing they had grieved for Chuck and that it hurt to find he wasn't even dead.

"Oh wow. I didn't know what I was seeing but I was sure it was a dream. I saw all of that. I guess that's what being a prophet is. You beat the Leviathans then?" Dean nodded, "And the angels really fell?" Dean and Sam exchanged a look, "What happened to Castiel then?"

"I am here." a gravelly voice interrupted. Chuck gave Castiel a worried look. "Yes, the angels are still locked out of heaven." Chuck nodded before looking back to Sam and Dean.

"I should probably get some rest. I'm glad you guys are okay though. Don't start any apocalypses while I'm asleep though, okay?" Sam bitch faced Chuck but they laughed as we all said our goodbyes. Sam exited the hospital room with Castiel and Dean following closely behind hand in hand.

(A/N: I realised at last minute that this is a Series of Destiel One shots and that this did not have destiel in it so 'hand in hand' was necessary.)