31 - Come On Eileen

Come on Eileen

(A/N: As promised, here is the much anticipated Perks of Being a Wallflower AU. I gave you all plenty of time to read the book and/or watch the film [Sorry about that. I was being lazy, its a talent of mine]. I tried to write this in the style of Stephen but obviously I am not Stephen so don't get too excited about it because I don't want to disappoint you guys. I'm also still taking requests if you have any. Hopefully I'll update soon, yet again I said the same thing last time!) (I reccomend you play Come on Eileen full blast while reading this by the way!)

Dear friend,

I went to the home coming dance today. I'm not sure why, I didn't have a date. I think it might have been because Dean was going, I can't let him know that's the reason why though because I promised I would stop thinking of him that way. 

I felt completely awkward stood against the gymnasium wall, watery punch in hand, while a song I couldn't name played in the background. It seemed like everyone except me was slow dancing with their partner, including my brother Gabriel who was dancing with his boyfriend Sam, the one who hit him. It all seemed to get better when the song ended and everyone clapped, I'm not sure why people do that it wasn't like it was a live band. 

Come on Eileen started playing, its more upbeat and I actually knew it. That wasn't why the dance got better, it got better because suddenly through the crowd appeared Charlie, tugging Dean along behind her yelling at everyone to get out of the way and I watched as they broke into a well rehearsed routine, not caring what everyone else thought as usual. Dean make eye contact with me at one point during the dance and it made my breath catch in my throat because it made me remember how beautiful Dean looked tonight in his Tuxedo. 

It was that moment that gave me the courage to put down my drink and start slowly making my way over to them now that the routine had disbanded into normal dancing. Both Charlie and Dean cheered when I got to where they were in the crowd. Charlie put her arm around my shoulders and started swaying with me and in no time we were spinning around like we had been friends forever, my awkwardness from moments before long forgotten. I got to dance with Dean, and it felt like heaven.

Love always, Castiel