33 - Night Changes

Night Changes

(A/N: Hello readers, it’s been far too long. I said I was going to start updating regularly again. Whoops. This is a request from Dish23. It’s an amazing idea and I really hope I’ve written it well. It’s also really fluffy, prepare for cuteness. And the title is a reference to a great song from a great album by a great band [person opinion, no judging J] and I played said album while writing this. I mean hot damn, there has been a lot of good music being released recently, I mean Fall Out Boy with Centuries, Taylor Swift with 1989, One Direction with Four, and plenty of other stuff. A bit off topic but yeah, enjoy this adorable one shot.)

Dean lay awake that night thinking about how Castiel’s lips would feel on his. He squeezed his eyes closed but that only made the warmth on his lips stronger. If Sam hadn’t taken him out of the room earlier and spoken to him about what the hell was going on between Cas and Dean, then Dean wouldn’t have become hyper aware of the angel and wouldn’t have tried to kiss him when Sam left the room. And if he hadn’t have done that then he would be able to sleep, and he wouldn’t be craving his angel right now.

A few doors down, Castiel was pacing at the end of his bed wondering why Dean hadn’t gone through with the kiss and what had made him stop. Suddenly Gabriel appeared in front of him.

                “What are you doing here?” Cas demanded, without so much as a hello as he wasn’t in the mood for pleasantries.

                “Hello to you too, Cassy.” Gabriel teased sensing Castiel’s annoyance. “Okay let’s get straight to it, why are you resisting the prompts me and Sam are giving you!?” He raged at his brother. Castiel looked confused and horrified at the same time.

                “You and Sam are trying to set us up?” Castiel asked, approaching Gabriel menacingly but the smaller angel didn’t seem worried.

                “Yep.” He replied, popping the ‘P’ and sounding amused. “You’re not taking the bait though so you’ve forced me to resort to extreme measures.”

                “What does tha…” Castiel didn’t get the chance to finish his sentence before Gabriel snapped his fingers and Castiel disappeared.

When Dean woke up his head felt fuzzy. He had only had a couple of beers yesterday it shouldn’t have had such an effect on him. Maybe it was because he fell asleep really quickly. He suddenly became aware of a feeling that something was wrong; he reached under the pillow for his gun but found it wasn’t there. He suddenly sat up and threw the pillow off of the bed. His eyes grew wide as he looked at a room that wasn’t his, a bed that wasn’t his and another person in the bed with him. Okay he must have had more than a couple of beers last night.

                He crept out of the bed and found himself in the pajamas Sam had gotten him last Christmas. That was weird. He glanced over at the person who had been in bed with him and slunk out of the room. He made his way through what was a really nice suburban house. Dean found the kitchen and searched the drawers for a weapon or the name of whoever was in bed with him. He finally found a pile of letters on the front door mat but as he read the name ‘Mr Dean Novak’ someone called his name in a husky groggy voice.

                Walking down the corridor looking very domestic and disorientated was Castiel.

                “Cas!?” Dean questioned, not sure if it was Cas or his vessel. He had never seen the angel like this.

                “Dean. What is going on?”  Castiel repeated, Dean had been too preoccupied with the letters in his hand the first time.