Chapter Twenty Three

Josh's POV

I wake up to a vomiting sound coming from the bathroom. I get up and open the door quietly to see Tyler hunched over the toilet vomiting. He must have come here during the night...

"Tyler?" I say softly.

Tyler flinches and wipes his mouth. He turns around and I see his tearstained face.

"J-Josh, please don't look; I d-don't want y-you to see m-me like this..." He whispers.

"Tyler, are you okay?" I ask.

Tyler opens his mouth to reply but is cut off by himself gagging. He turns to the toilet and throws up again.

"Fuck..." Tyler mumbles.

"Tyler, when was the last time you ate?" I ask carefully.

"I-I don't know..." He whispers.

"Tyler, you need to eat." I say.

"I-I tried...I c-can't keep anything d-down..." He says.

"Im taking you to the hospital." I say.

"N-No, Josh I-im f-fine..." He tries to say strongly.

"Im going to get a bucket in case you throw up on the way." I say leaving the bathroom and going to wake up mom.

"What is it Josh?" Mom whispers as I shake her awake.

"Tyler's vomiting; he can't hold anything down so im gonna take him to the hospital. Is there a bucket or something he can have in case he vomits on the way?" I ask.

Mom sit's up fast and nods. I follow mom as she gets a bucket from the laundry.

"Okay, thanks. Bye momma." I say as I go back to Tyler.

Tyler is now laying on the floor unconscious.

"TYLER?!" I yell.

Mom runs in as I kneel down next to him. I hold him as mom gasps.

"Get him and you in my car; im gonna drive." She says in a hurry.

I pick Tyler up bridal style and take him out to the car. I sit him down so he is laying on me; head in my lap. The bucket is on the ground. Mom jumps in the car and speeds off. About ten minutes later Tyler lift's his head up.

"J-Josh?" he mumbles as he sit's up shaking.

"Feeling okay?" I ask.

"Ye-Oh god, bucket!" He says as I give him the bucket fast.

Tyler throws up as I rub his back.

"You passed out so we rushed you in the car; we are on our way to hospital." I say with worry.

"I-Im s-s-sorry..." He says as he lays back down on me.

"Don't be Ty." I say playing with his hair.

We arrive at the hospital after about five more minutes of Tyler constantly vomiting. He is violently shaking now and it scares me to see the boy I love, so sick. We get the doctor to take him as mom and I get told to wait in the waiting room.

"Thanks..." I whisper to mom.

"No worries." She replies as she leans and gets a magazine.

There isn't many people in the waiting room; only a mother and a kid about ten years old.

The kid is crying and the mother looks tired. I wonder what happened...

About two or three hours pass; I've given up checking the time. It's now light outside. We got here at 4am. Mom is sleeping with her head resting on my shoulder while I reminisce on memories with Tyler.