Chapter Eighteen

"JOSH!" Mom panics as she bursts into my room.

I sit up rubbing my eyes. What a pleasant way to wake up...

"Josh, hurry!" She says fast.

"What? Why?" I say startled by her sudden panic.

"It's Tyler! His mom just rang and said he has run away and left a suicide note..." Mom says in a hurry.

I spring from my bed and run down stairs towards the front door. I know where he is...

"JOSH WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!" Mom yells as I run down the street.

"TO SAVE TYLER!" I yell back as I pick up my pace.

I run into the forest.

I stop as I hear Tyler's voice singing a familiar song. The song he was singing at the piano the night of his panic attack...

"And I will ask, Please... SAVE!" I hear Tyler scream.

I run towards the sound of his voice and come to the tree where we first met. Tyler is sitting on the branch with a rope in his hands. I notice tears falling as he screams for God to save him. I panic as I try to think of what to say...

'Tyler, don't do it!'  I telepathically say as I see Tyler look down at me in shock.

How did you know where I was?!

'I just did. Please come down and we will talk this out!'

Josh, I need to do this. Im not clean...im dirty...

'What? What does that even mean?! Tyler just get down here NOW!'  I say firmly.

Or what? You're gonna get me? I won't let you Josh. Please just let me leave this place...im sorry but I have to do this...

'No...Tyler please!'  I start to sob.

Josh don't cry, you're gonna be better off without me...

'Tyler, if you die I will die too!'  I say in frustration and despair.

Please Josh don't!

'Then come down here!'  I say.

JOSH JUST LET ME FUCKING DO THIS! Tyler thinks, clearly frustrated by me stopping him.

'Do it and I will do it too...'  I say wiping my eyes.

OH MY GOD JOSH! EVERYONE TELLS ME I HAVE TO FUCKING LIVE, WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!

'For you to live.'

FUCK YOU DUN! Tyler yells in his head as he begins to climb down the tall tree.

'Thank you baby.'  I say holding back another flow of tears.

Just...go home... Tyler says as he gets to the bottom of the tree.

Tyler looks at me with pleading eyes. It breaks my heart to see the boy I love want nothing more than death...

"Tyler wait!" I say grabbing his arm as he begins walking away from me.

What looks like panic takes over Tyler as he swings around and pushes me backwards with his power. I look at him as I see tears form in the tiny boy's eyes. He shakes violently.

"D-Don't...touch m-me..." Tyler says shakily.

Why is he like this? Why is no one aloud to touch him anymore?