Chapter Thirty Two

Josh's POV

Flashbacks to being in this very waiting room when Tyler passed out from no food comes to me. I hate this hospital I decide. Mom falls asleep on my shoulder. I might try and get some rest until we can see Tyler. I close my red, swollen eyes and sleep takes me fast.

"Tyler Joseph?" I wake up instantly to the name of my boyfriend.

I stand up and mom smiles at me softly.

"Come with me sir." The doctor says as I follow.

"Now, I am aware that Mr. Joseph was previously raped. Are you aware that is isn't the first suicide attempt?" The doctor stops me outside his room.

I nod.

"Over the last two years Mr. Joseph has attempted suicide over ten times. This is very dangerous behavior that needs to be dealt with fast." He continues.

I nod. Over ten times...

"Now im also aware that Mr. Joseph has been going to therapy but that has proven pointless now. Mr. Joseph needs intense psychiatric help." He says.

"Meaning?" I ask.

"Well I have contacted his therapist and she agrees that Mr. Joseph should be put into a mental hospital until he recovers from his suicidal thoughts." He says with a frown.

"O-Oh..." I mumble.

They want to take my Tyler away from me...but it's for his best...if it helps him then I have to let him go...

"His parents have been notified and agreed that he should. He will be taken straight to Columbus Mental Hospital when he is released from here. Id suggest you say goodbye tomorrow because by the looks of him, I think he will be released very soon." The doctor says.

I nod. It pains my heart to have to say goodbye to my baby...

"You can call his friends to come say bye too. Now as for his physical health right now; he is mildly concussed but will recover well. He also has a broken arm that will be better in no time." The doctor smiles sympathetically at me.

"Okay..."

"You can see him now." The doctor walks away.

I open the door to see Tyler facing the wall; his back facing me. Is he asleep?

"Tyler?"

He is silent.

Im not fucking crazy...why a mental hospital?! Of course I fucking fail suicide again...death doesn't even want me...

"Tyler?" I say again.

Josh...

"Ty, you okay?" I ask as I sit down in the chair.

"They want to take me way..." Tyler says distantly, still not facing me.

"I-I know..."

"I won't ever see you again..." He says, his voice breaking.

"I-I Tyler, don't say that..." I say again.

"Don't let them take me...Josh please!" Tyler pleads as he turns around; facing me with red eyes.

"Tyler, this pains me too...I-I want to keep you with me forever but I also want you alive...I think it's best for you..." I mumble quietly.

Tyler let's out a heart wrenching sob.

"J-Josh...please don't let me leave..." Tyler sobs.

"Tyler, I-Im sorry..." I sob out.

"Im scared Josh! Im so scared! Please Josh, please don't let them take me away!" Tyler sobs, hiding his face behind his hands.

"Tyler, you need to get better...im so fucking sorry for what happened to you in your past to make you want to die so badly but Tyler, your my best friend-my rock and without you is going to be so fucking hard but I have to let you go...f-for you..." I sob.

The room fills with nothing but the sound of heartfelt, bone crushing sobs. I can't stand seeing Tyler like this...so sad...so scared...so desperate...fuck I hate what life has done to Tyler! I can't stand the sounds of my boyfriend crying anymore! I get up and run out of the room; I run out the doors of the hospital while hearing my mom yells for me. I sink to my knees as rain covers me.

"WHY GOD? WHY IS TYLER HURTING SO BAD? HE DOESN'T DESERVE THIS! HE IS A GOOD KID LORD...please don't let them take my baby away..." I sob out to God as I hit my fists on the ground.

I curl up screaming and sobbing as I feel my mom cradle me.

"Shhh Josh, I know it's hard. Im sorry he and you have to go through this but I promise he will get better and you will get to see him again." Mom tries to comfort me.

I sob hard into my mom's shoulder as rain soaks us.

"Come on, let's go home and you can come back tomorrow." Mom says as we stand up.

My legs feel weak, my body's trembling, my hands shake and my head hurts; my feet move slowly, my eyesight blurs and my heart aches. I don't need anything but Tyler...but I can't have him...

I get home and rush to bed. I cry myself to sleep.