Chapter Twenty Nine

Josh's POV

I drive down the cold streets of Columbus silently. I wonder what Tyler is thinking of...

God im gonna miss Josh and the boys...but I have to do it. This has to be a perfect day since it's my last. I've got the rope haven't I? Shit I better check when I get home. Fuck im hungry! Josh will want me to eat...I guess I better since it's the last time I eat with him.

I feel tears fall on my cheek but quickly wipe them before Tyler notices. I feel nothing but worry. He is gonna try and kill himself tomorrow...is that what he was doing in the middle of the night? I woke up and saw him writing in his diary so I went back to sleep. Was he writing his suicide note?! I park the car out the front of my house as I pretend to not have worry holding me captive.

"Hurry up. Let's get something to eat for breakfast once you're done." Tyler smiles at me as I wipe my eyes and look at him, hoping I don't have red eyes from unwanted tears.

"You okay?" Tyler asks.

"Yeah...um...allergies." I lie.

Tyler nods. I get out of the car and go inside my house. I get changed into some black jeans and a black and white top with a red cap. I get back into the car fast and begin to drive again.

We get out of the car and walk into a small diner. It is empty. We sit in a booth at the back away from the cold wind blowing in when the door opens.

"Can I take your orders gentlemen?" A waitress smiles.

We nod and I look at the menu.

"I will have some French toast and a side of beacon please." I smile.

Tyler looks at me and I notice slight worry in his eyes.

"Um...can I please have a piece of French toast too and um...?" Tyler says looking down at the menu again.

"That's all thanks." He says.

"So only one piece of French toast?" She says with a weird expression.

Tyler nods.

"Also he will have a coffee, actually make that two please." I say as she nods her head.

The waitress walks away and Tyler darts his eyes over to me.

"Why the coffee?" He asks.

"If you're not gonna eat a lot then you can at least have a coffee with your toast to fill you up." I smile.

Tyler nods and looks down.

Fuck im gonna miss him...

I sigh and look away from Tyler. Why is he planning to die?!

Eventually after five minutes of silence the waitress brings our food and coffee's out to us.

"Thanks." I smile.

Tyler thanks her. As she leaves he looks at me in shock.

"What?" I ask.

"She gave me two pieces of French toast...I said one..." He says as he looks at his plate.

"Just eat up buttercup." I say as I dig into my meal.

Half an hour goes and I see Tyler struggling to finish his coffee.

"You okay?" I ask as I see him swallow a mouthful of coffee harshly.

"Yep." He mutters as he gulps more coffee.

"Slow down, you're gonna get the hiccups." I laugh.

Fuck I need to finish this coffee so Josh doesn't have to worry...please god help me finish this fucking coffee!